I have Mocha CFW. Do I need RegionHax?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Deniii, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Deniii
    OP

Deniii Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2009
    United States
    Noob user here. I got my WiiU 2 or 3 weeks ago (US model)

I followed some tutorials here on gbatemp and ended up installing Haxchi by purchasing a DS game (Brain Age) and then I installed Mocha CFW (I did the SysNAND mod)
    Now, if I get a game through that "helper for WiiU" and it's legit, I can run it straight from cold booting (for example, Bayonetta 2), and if it's a Virtual Console game, I run Haxchi, then I run Mocha and finally, I launch the game (for example, Metroid Fusion)

Now, all this is with US games.
    There are a some Japanese games I'd like to try, and here is my question: do I need RegionHax? Or I can launch Mocha and run the game like I do with Virtual Console games?

Thanks.

2. krueger96

krueger96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    you don't need regionhax, just mocha (or haxchi cfw, much faster)

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    If you have HaxChi just setup haxchi to boot to system menu. You'll be patched for DLC and non legit titles as well as region free. No need for mocha. Plus with HaxChi you can setup CBHC and all your stuff will work on cold boot

4. Deniii
    OP

Deniii Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the reply krueger96 and Kafluke!

How can I reconfigue Haxchi to boot to system menu by default? Right now, I have to hold B when I run it.

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You can change the button mappings in /haxchi/config.txt, after doing that reinstall haxchi to actually save the configuration (the haxchi folder on SD is only used FOR the installation)

6. Deniii
    OP

Deniii Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2009
    United States
    Got it.
    Thanks Ryccardo!