Hacking Homebrew I have many problems on my new nintendo 3ds xl hack

w0ndor_ms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Everyone,
I have a big problem on my new nintendo 3ds xl, i can play games, but i cant update my console, (my version actually : Sys 11.13.xx
I left my 3ds to someone who can hack 3ds. But i think luma and godmode9 dont boot on sd card (i tried to launch gm9 and luma without sd card, and it functioned)
i searched on many forums but i didn't find what i want
I have too another problem : I cant launch homebrew launcher beacause : "Luma3ds is not configured to start the homebrew launcher, go to rosalina menu etc...". but when i was pressing on dpad down + L button + Select button, Rosalina menu didn't launch.

For information, my luma version is 7.1, godmode9 : 1.1.8, 3ds version : Sys 11.13

Sorry for my bad English

Please, can you give me the reason about this problem, and how to fix it.
Ps: can you tell me too if i can format my 3ds without my sd card to delete only 3ds data.

Thanks a lot. :)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can run safeB9Sinstaller payload again there when you hold start on boot, put the necessary file on sd:Luma/payloads

Last edited by CoolMe,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First time poster? Welcome to GBAtemp.

I left my 3ds to someone who can hack 3ds.
This is something you should avoid. Please install custom firmware and homebrew yourself to ensure:
a) You learn and understand everything​
b) It is done correctly​

but when i was pressing on dpad down + L button + Select button, Rosalina menu didn't launch.
Completely expected since the Rosalina module is part of Luma3DS since v8.0 and therefore not present on your v7.1

For information, my luma version is 7.1, godmode9 : 1.1.8, 3ds version : Sys 11.13
Luckily for you the older, less complex Luma version doesn't show some incompatibility and you didn't get greeted with "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)" on a pretty recent official firmware (Luma versions between v8.0 and v9.0 show the FIRM patch(es) message on 11.8+)

Ps: can you tell me too if i can format my 3ds without my sd card to delete only 3ds data.
Please explain what you want to accomplish with "Format System Memory". All it does is throwing away the user profile and changing the encryption key so previous SD content isn't usable anymore. Sacrificing your data isn't helpful in most cases.

The relevant link on the guide is – like godreborn said above: https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s ← or → French version of the page if you prefer that
If you have any further questions or problems, just ask again.

====================
Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM