Homebrew I have EU DSi, now from where should I start CFW-ing?

figures

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I have DSi that is 1.4.5 EU, and I would like to unlock it and use its full potential.
But I don't know from where I should start, is there available CFW for DSi at the moment?

D

Deleted User

No. There isn't even a way to use homebrew on non-USA DSi's at the moment. Sorry.

u12345678

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah there is one way, hardmod. Aka, soldering to the dsi board and dumping the NAND. Also The Biggest Loser exploit to get the CID. That's what I'm doing right now, but I'm still trying to bruteforce my Console ID, unfortunately I don't have a powerful computer (any help appreciated :))

This should guide you more or less: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dsi-downgrading-the-complete-guide.393682/

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is there available CFW for DSi at the moment?

As far as I can tell you need rocket launcher for CFW, which either isn't available or there is a conspiracy to make people think it's not available.

It'll soon be a year since they started teasing us with it.

igpltv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In the same boat here with my Japanese DSi LL. Once the US folk get their CFW, solutions for us will hopefully follow.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming he doesn't irreparably brick it in the process ...

a hardmod is not a magic bullet
As far as the DSi goes, it is. There's public way to modify any part of the DSi that's not in the NAND.

You seem to be giving very generic advice about this. I mean, nothing you're saying is specific to the DSi. Just seems like you want to be a know-it-all.

Reactions: Dionicio3

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as the DSi goes, it is. There's public way to modify any part of the DSi that's not in the NAND.

You seem to be giving very generic advice about this. I mean, nothing you're saying is specific to the DSi. Just seems like you want to be a know-it-all.

You can permanently damage your NAND beyond repair with a hardmod, it's a risk people should probably be aware of.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can permanently damage your NAND beyond repair with a hardmod, it's a risk people should probably be aware of.
Ok, so now you've moved onto hardware issues instead of software (aka "brick risks"), lol.
Pretty sure he already knows that bringing a 900°F soldering iron anywhere close to something electronic is a risk all in itself.

Suddenly it's only a "risk that he should be aware of" but before you swore up and down that they should never modify their systems at all.

1d01e44d8cef93ff07a16ff4e4da65c4.jpg

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All that posting between you guys isnt very helpful for the thread starter.

Short and simple. There is actually no real tested and safe cfw available.

But I can recommend definitely one of those flashcards r4i etc. Then you can launch moonshell etc. If its this was you wanted.

And if we wait a little bit longer there will be a cfw. But no one can definitely say when...

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And if we wait a little bit longer there will be a cfw. But no one can definitely say when...
I think things are going to accelerate: https://gbatemp.net/threads/announc...ith-unlocked-arm7.476288/page-45#post-7931773

ps: Wintermute, please, let's collaborate with the other devs; if you have a safer tool than the public ones, release it!
Please, stop going around telling people to don't hack their devices because it's dangerous, it doesn't help anyone :( make a better scene, now that there is a chance!

Last edited by Valery0p,

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
I think things are going to accelerate: https://gbatemp.net/threads/announc...ith-unlocked-arm7.476288/page-45#post-7931773

ps: Wintermute, please, let's collaborate with the other devs; if you have a safer tool than the public ones, release it!
Please, stop going around telling people to don't hack their devices because it's dangerous, it doesn't help anyone :( make a better scene, now that there is a chance!

The issue is, I'm in possession of two consoles that have been bricked through some interaction between unreleased tools and the bogus instructions on these "guide" sites. Unmodified NANDs don't brick. Right now I can't figure out what's causing it.

In the meantime it's best to stay away from these tools and wait for safer options.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The issue is, I'm in possession of two consoles that have been bricked through some interaction between unreleased tools and the bogus instructions on these "guide" sites. Unmodified NANDs don't brick. Right now I can't figure out what's causing it.

What happens if you restore your original NAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao