QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need advice on which Slot-2 would work best with the Cyclo so that I could also play GBA games. I have plenty of them at home and would like to have them with me.

I read the reveiws on this site and see nothing in particular that helps. Could someone who owns the Cyclo and slot 2 help me please.

Thanks
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gizmo_gal said:
I need advice on which Slot-2 would work best with the Cyclo so that I could also play GBA games. I have plenty of them at home and would like to have them with me.

I read the reveiws on this site and see nothing in particular that helps. Could someone who owns the Cyclo and slot 2 help me please.

Thanks
smile.gif
About about EZflash 3-in-1? It has rumble, internet ram, and GBA suport. But unfortunately, you can't carry more than 1-2 games at a time on this thing, or so I've heard.

And Ewin GBA expansion pack. It has internet rumble (Much better ram than the EZflash 3-1), and can carry a few games at a time.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
An EZ 3in1 is usually most recommended as it is cheap+GBA,RAM, & Rumble(unless you want an EWin Expansion which is cheaper but no rumble). If you want a dedicated cart which will require its own memory(a microSD), you should get an EZ IV deluxe or M3 lite Perfect (Not Professional). The EZ IV deluxe is cheaper and has more features than the M3 lite. You can find a CycloDS and EZIV here: http://www.realhotstuff.com/ It's best if you don't order memory with the cart as it is usually more expensive, so you should order an A-Data for the Cyclo if you want or something else from: http://www.newegg.com/ No slot 2 that I know of can use more than 2GB though, but you don't really need that much space for GBA games anyways.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is an eWin rumble in a separate cart. The eWin 2in1 + the eWin rumble generally cost less than the EZ 3in1. Plus the eWin rumble is better (read the reviews).

Anyway, when you get down to it you'll probably use rumble like once and then never use it again. It's really not as exciting as it sounds. It only works with a few games and it eats up battery.

Anyway...the CycloDS has direct support of the EZ 3in1, so that's probably the one you should get. That means that you can load .gba games stored on your microSD card without needing a loader program like Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader.

I'm not sure what ojsinnerz is talking about when he says that you "can't carry more than 1-2 games at a time." Neither of these slot2 carts is used to store games. You keep your .gba games on your slot1 cart's microSD card along with your .nds games. When you want to run a .gba game, it gets loaded into the slot2 cart to play it.

-Bri

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
There is an eWin rumble in a separate cart. The eWin 2in1 + the eWin rumble generally cost less than the EZ 3in1. Plus the eWin rumble is better (read the reviews).

Anyway, when you get down to it you'll probably use rumble like once and then never use it again. It's really not as exciting as it sounds. It only works with a few games and it eats up battery.

Anyway...the CycloDS has direct support of the EZ 3in1, so that's probably the one you should get. That means that you can load .gba games stored on your microSD card without needing a loader program like Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader.

I'm not sure what ojsinnerz is talking about when he says that you "can't carry more than 1-2 games at a time." Neither of these slot2 carts is used to store games. You keep your .gba games on your slot1 cart's microSD card along with your .nds games. When you want to run a .gba game, it gets loaded into the slot2 cart to play it.

-Bri
Thanks for the clarity. I was very confused by that last statement but didn't want to say anything. I'm the new gal on the block after all
smile.gif

Anyway, thanks everyone for you help. I'm going to do some close inspection of both the EZ 3in1 and the eWin and (my meager savings ) so I will let you guys know what conclusion I come to
wink.gif

koyeawon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome, koyeawon ( Log Out ) · Forum rules · Site Index My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · My Friends My Assistant

Screenshots

Screenshots

Loading. Please Wait...
· 0 New Messages

GBAtemp.net > Nintendo DS Discussions > NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software

I have decided on Cyclo DS Evo, but I need advice on the on... Options Track this topic
Email this topic
Print this topic
Download this topic
Subscribe to this forum
Switch to: Outline
Standard
Switch to: Linear+
gizmo_gal
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Today, 03:16 PM Post #1

Group: Newcomers
Member No.: 122,636

Thanks

ojsinnerz
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Today, 03:19 PM Post #2

GBAtemp Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,079

QUOTE(gizmo_gal @ Apr 13 2008, 09:16 PM)

Thanks

About about EZflash 3-in-1? It has rumble, internet ram, and GBA suport. But unfortunately, you can't carry more than 1-2 games at a time on this thing, or so I've heard.

And Ewin GBA expansion pack. It has internet rumble (Much better ram than the EZflash 3-1), and can carry a few games at a time.

--------------------

My stuff:
Onyx DSL, slightly less than a year old.
Supercard DS1 SDHC
8 gig Sandisk micro sdhc, Class 4

Currently games playing:
Advanced wars: Days of Ruin
Rune factory
Bleach the 2nd

Recently finished games:
Ninja Gaiden DS
Luminous arc

Current animes/Manga:
Code Geass R2
Allison and Lillia (Keichii sigsawa!!!!!)

TheWingless
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Today, 03:25 PM Post #3

GBAtemp Regular

Member No.: 112,987

An EZ 3in1 is usually most recommended as it is cheap+GBA,RAM, & Rumble(unless you want an EWin Expansion which is cheaper but no rumble). If you want a dedicated cart which will require its own memory(a microSD), you should get an EZ IV deluxe or M3 lite Perfect (Not Professional). The EZ IV deluxe is cheaper and has more features than the M3 lite. You can find a CycloDS and EZIV here: http://www.realhotstuff.com/ It's best if you don't order memory with the cart as it is usually more expensive, so you should order an A-Data for the Cyclo if you want or something else from: http://www.newegg.com/ No slot 2 that I know of can use more than 2GB though, but you don't really need that much space for GBA games anyways.

This post has been edited by TheWingless: Today, 03:27 PM

--------------------

Bri
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Today, 06:12 PM Post #4

GBAtemp Advance Fan

Member No.: 110,600

-Bri

This post has been edited by Bri: Today, 06:13 PM

gizmo_gal
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Today, 07:46 PM Post #5

Member No.: 122,636

QUOTE(Bri @ Apr 13 2008, 07:12 PM)

-Bri

Thanks for the clarity. I was very confused by that last statement but didn't want to say anything. I'm the new gal on the block after all

Anyway, thanks everyone for you help. I'm going to do some close inspection of both the EZ 3in1 and the eWin and (my meager savings ) so I will let you guys know what conclusion I come to

koyeawon
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Today, 07:50 PM Post #6

Member No.: 122,369

Warn: (0%)

you are so mean you blocked me for no reson i hate you:cry: TINY MONKEYT FOR GIVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:
Full Edit
Quick Edit
koyeawon
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Today, 07:53 PM Post #7

Member No.: 122,369

Warn: (0%)

lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
podunk1269 said:
ok so which one with the cyclosds will not use the card in the Cyclos, but will use it's own micro sd card?
The EZ 3in1 and EWin Expansions to not use their own microSD card, but they use the storage on the slot 1 card. The CycloDS uses a microSD card.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:

-Bri

Thx for clearing that up. I wasn't exactly sure, but that's what someone told me before.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Bri said:
There is an eWin rumble in a separate cart. The eWin 2in1 + the eWin rumble

-Bri

Thx for clearing that up. I wasn't exactly sure, but that's what someone told me before.
The EZ 3in1 can hold 1 game on its NOR memory(though I believe I saw a really old homebrew that let you write 2 if it fit). The EWin cannot hold a game. I think works like the RAM in the EZ 3in1. The rest of your GBA games stay on the slot 1 microSD.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait. the ewin 2 in 1 is the expansion and you can play gba games through your slot 1 right?
anyone know where i can buy one?

(i know the um ez flash 3 in 1, but i dont really need the rumble)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
The EZ 3in1 can hold 1 game on its NOR memory(though I believe I saw a really old homebrew that let you write 2 if it fit). The EWin cannot hold a game. I think works like the RAM in the EZ 3in1. The rest of your GBA games stay on the slot 1 microSD.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about the EZ3in1's NOR memory. So what's the advantage of storing a single game on the slot2 cart?

If I recall correctly, the eWin has more expansion memory than the EZ which gives it an advantage for use with the Opera browser. Or was that only the older eWin 2in1 that had more memory (I know they changed something involving the memory with the newer ones)?

QUOTE(tinymonkeyt @ Apr 14 2008, 01:32 AM) wait. the ewin 2 in 1 is the expansion and you can play gba games through your slot 1 right?
anyone know where i can buy one?

(i know the um ez flash 3 in 1, but i dont really need the rumble)

Yes to your first question. It will also work as expansion memory for the Opera browser. Depending on your slot1 cart, you may need Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader.

Second question: psxboy.com $11.40 plus I think $2 shipping.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.