I have CFW on both emunand and sysnand. Is there a way to hide certain cfw apps from the sysnand cfw side?

nefariouslegion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically I have setup CFW on both emunand and on sysnand. I've noticed apps (the ones that show in the albums homebrew menu) that I install show up on both CFW setups. Is there a way to separate them so for example EdiZon only shows up on the emunand CFW and doesn't show up on sysnand CFW? I ask this because I want it on emunand. But I know it's very dangerous on sysnand so I don't want to take any chances of getting banned with it being in the sysnand

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to answer your question first, no there isn't a way (without changing code in atmosphere im assuming) to separate the homebrew apps. because the cfw looks for said homebrew apps in the path SD/switch no matter wither your in emunand or sysnand.

for some info, the likelihood to be banned for just having the apps there is the same as running said apps, which is roughly equivalent to just running cfw on sysnand. it just depends what you do on sysnand. for example, many people use cheats and go online but havent been banned, many also have been banned for the exact thing. the key difference is what games they cheat on. on that note, it doesnt mean you are guaranteed to always get away with it.

nefariouslegion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to answer your question first, no there isn't a way (without changing code in atmosphere im assuming) to separate the homebrew apps. because the cfw looks for said homebrew apps in the path SD/switch no matter wither your in emunand or sysnand.

for some info, the likelihood to be banned for just having the apps there is the same as running said apps, which is roughly equivalent to just running cfw on sysnand. it just depends what you do on sysnand. for example, many people use cheats and go online but havent been banned, many also have been banned for the exact thing. the key difference is what games they cheat on. on that note, it doesnt mean you are guaranteed to always get away with it.
For me I only play legit games on sysnand cfw but I inject seeds for pokemon raids to get shiny pokemon. On emunand cfw is where i download games and want to be able to use things like EdiZon. I'm just worried that having EdiZon show up in sysnand could get me flagged. Especially since it means the tesla overlay is technically active while I'm playing games in sysnand. Though I did edit the config file to disable cheats by default.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i said, just having cfw running can get you flagged, it doesnt matter what homebrew apps you have. you can navigate the entire sd card with hbmenu so the only way for it not to show in the hbmenu (homebrew menu) is to either remove the file from your sd card or, (this is theoretical since i havent tested this myself) rename the file extension to something homebrew menu cant read.

but ill repeat again, whether you have it or not, your gonna have the possibility of being flagged. we dont know for sure what triggers bans. we just know that pirating games, cheating in online games, and changing your profile pic to something other than nintendo's profile pics, are guarenteed bans, everything else roughly has the same probability. so edizon just showing up in hb menu isnt gonna increase the likelihood of being flagged, its gonna be what cheats you use in what games from using edizon

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysnand is separate from your emunand, as long as you don't install any NRO's on your sysnand (like tinfoil or whatever else, you should be fine with using some homebrew on sysnand), I currently use tesla menu overlay and edizon overlay for some cheats on sysnand (no online cheats), and anything you do on your emunand should be offline or should be setup to block nintendo. but don't take my word for it, everything being done on sysnand should be caution, cuz you can always mistakenly use some homebrew or click on tinfoil by mistake and bam your banned. (don't blame me)

nefariouslegion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WHY DID OU DO THIS? leave sysnand clean, and keep CFW to your EMUmmc.
I have CFW on sysnand so I can inject seeds in pokemon to get shiny raid dens in Scarlet/Violet and host those raids for friends. I know people that have done that since Sword and Shield and have never been banned for it.
Post automatically merged:

sysnand is separate from your emunand, as long as you don't install any NRO's on your sysnand (like tinfoil or whatever else, you should be fine with using some homebrew on sysnand), I currently use tesla menu overlay and edizon overlay for some cheats on sysnand (no online cheats), and anything you do on your emunand should be offline or should be setup to block nintendo. but don't take my word for it, everything being done on sysnand should be caution, cuz you can always mistakenly use some homebrew or click on tinfoil by mistake and bam your banned. (don't blame me)
I haven't installed Tinfoil in sysnand. Only installed that in emunand. Speaking of which can I delete the installer for that from hbmenu after it's been installed? Cause the installer still shows up on sysnand cfw as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn