I have been off the scene for two years -- what are some things I should do to my wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by planetofthemage, Mar 1, 2014.

1. planetofthemage
    OP

planetofthemage Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    I'm still running 4.1U. First, of all, is there a homebrew I can use to see information about what kind of hacking related stuff I have installed? (I'm pretty sure I have starfall, and I recall there being something that replaced all IOS files with cIOS files so I can read backup discs from the disc channel, although even when I left that was useless because everything had migrated to WBFS format drives.)

Second of all, is there an easy way to bring myself up to speed? I see that gamecube games run via USB now and a couple other advances have been made, but what's happened in the last while that's worth knowing?

2. GrayFox786

GrayFox786 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    I don't think a homebrew for viewing hacks installed on your Wii exists, but i may be wrong. WBFS format isn't really used anymore because Wii and gamecube games can run on a Fat32 harddrive. If you want to bring yourself up to speed, its best to follow one of the more recent tutorials (2013-2014). This is probably the best thing to do, so you won't be installing a bunch unnecessary cIOS's.