Hacking I Have an R4, should i get EZ Flash 3-in-1?

ChiddaPotta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, i am new to GBAtemp and love this site! Anyways, I have an R4 DS which was bought last november. I am wondering if i should get an EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack so i can play GBA games, Browser, Rumble Pack and more. On DealExtreme they have the Slot-2 Card for 20$!!! Should i get it. is it worth getting? If im willing to get it i might get it on my birthday which is May 23.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to GBAtemp!
grog.gif

Anyways, the Expansion Pack is good and works fine, although I think that Rudoplh's Tools, which is something that you need to run it from your R4, corrupts the micro SD. Or you can use NDStation.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you're in any interest of using a slot-2 with your DS for any reason, be it GBA games, memory expansion, or rumble, the EZ 3 in 1 is the best price/functionality cart out there, and DX have the best fixed prices for EZ 3 in 1 on the market. I ordered mine from DX on 19th last month, yes it's worth buying.

Let me add one thing. It might be possible that after you recieve your card you find it non-working with the available software. In recent batches I want you to know they made a hardware change and placed in a new chip that makes it undetectable by Rudolph's and other popular software. I want to make this known because the EZ 3 in 1 comes with no manual or software and may be frustrating for some users.

If your EZ 3 in 1 is not detected by Rudolph's, download GBAldr.

http://nds.cmamod.com/2008/01/27/gbaldr-3i...raction-update/

This version was released just a week ago and is currently the only software capable of managing these new chip EZ cards(other than the manufacturer's own EZflash slot-1 solution). I believe that if you order it will most likely be of the new batch because I've been seeing many posts about it on their boards lately.

Good luck mate.
smile.gif

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
searinox thanks for posting that link. I didn't even know why my EZ flash wasn't being detected. I only just got it today. Oh man I just can't wait to play... you should definitely get an EZ flash 3 in 1.

Oh yeah and snemulds has support for this extra ram which is pretty handy. As well as DSOrganise and DSLinux.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've been seeing many reports lately of allegedly "broken" EZ 3 in 1s to people who are using it without the EZ-V slot-1 device. They began this chip changing practice back in december, if I remember well, and for about a month nobody had any idea how to make these new carts work. Personally I prefer Rudolph's for its interface and I'll be waiting until chip support is implemented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt