Hacking I have an Original Vita on 3.01 firmware and I'd like to try Henkaku

SgtLunatics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

So as my title reads, I have an original OLED PS VITA Console on firmware 3.01. I've read that you need a Vita on 3.60 or lower to use Henkaku. My question is, do I need to update my Vita to 3.60 and if so, how would I go about it? (Like, what programs i would need, maybe some links even, etc)

I already have a tutorial bookmarked for installing Henkaku on a 3.60 Vita so I would really appreciate the help :)

D

Deleted User

Hi,

The most popular manual updating guide is up on Wololo: http://wololo.net/2016/08/09/manually-update-ps-vita-firmware-3-60/
I used it myself once and the method works perfectly. :)

And of course, after you have followed the tutorial, it's as simple as having a memory card inserted and following the link to http://go.henkaku.xyz on your Vita to install the latest stable HENkaku and MolecularShell app. (Re-run the linked site in the web browser on every reboot to use HENkaku again)

Reactions: SgtLunatics

SgtLunatics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've come across a bit of a snag now. I can't seem to active my Vita to use the CMS on it. I've tried going through this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-th...a-pstv-hacking-guide-check-here-first.403035/

But it's not coming up as it should. On step 5, there is no error message, just a notification asking me to update the system software, and the same thing happens when I plug the Vita into the PS3. (I thought that would be the error message)

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I've come across a bit of a snag now. I can't seem to active my Vita to use the CMS on it. I've tried going through this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-th...a-pstv-hacking-guide-check-here-first.403035/

But it's not coming up as it should. On step 5, there is no error message, just a notification asking me to update the system software, and the same thing happens when I plug the Vita into the PS3. (I thought that would be the error message)

Anything I'm doing wrong?
You need to make sure wifi is turned off on your Vita. Put it into airplane mode, make sure you're using the latest QCMA build, and try again.

SgtLunatics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to make sure wifi is turned off on your Vita. Put it into airplane mode, make sure you're using the latest QCMA build, and try again.

Thank you very much. I have it working now and have installed Vitamin & Maidump. Are there any guides on installing vpks (or other format?) with these 2? I've also installed the offline henkaku vpk, which works (after a few error messages when opening the email, is this supposed to happen? Reminds me of the 3DS cfw where you have to keep rebooting xD)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't need a guide for vpks, you just plop it anywhere on the Vita and hit X in Vitashell/Molecular shell to install the game. Vitamin isn't needed to install vpks, so unless you're going to be dumping your own Vita games you can just get rid of it.

For maidump games, all you have to do is put the game ID folder in ux0:/mai and open maidump and choose install. Some games might need different load options, but usually the places you get them will tell you if it's required.

EDIT: Also, yeah, the Henkaku installer can pull up errors every now and again, that's normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse