I have an idea to install the Gateway without buying cubic ninja

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Simiaraichu, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Simiaraichu
    OP

Simiaraichu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    Algeria
    Hello,i have an idea,but don't ban me.
    I receved my n3ds XL yesterday,and i still have my o3ds.
    I don't have cubic ninja,but i have a question
    If i transfer my O3ds emunand data with cubic ninja installed as .cia to my n3ds xl without emunand,will i have cubic ninja on my N3ds xl after the transfer?
    Thx,and sorry for my bad english

2. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2015
    Macau
    Morocco
    no

Margen67 and dimmidice like this.
  3. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    No, no, no, just don't think about it anymore, the answer will always be No
    There's lot's af posts about such questions on the forum! and you can always use Google search if you like to know more about it, but it still will be NO :)

Margen67, dimmidice and NeoSlyde like this.
  4. Simiaraichu
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    Algeria
    Okay sorry :(

5. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    There are lots of articles on the Internet dedicated to showing respect. You should search them with Google. The guy thought he could help.

I'll admit that I'm guilty of being rude from time to time, but I appreciate it when it's pointed out.

NeoSlyde likes this.
  6. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    You can install Gateway without buying Cubic Ninja. If you have oot.
    ;)

Margen67, HtheB and Lucifer666 like this.
  7. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    OK maybe I'll jump in and explain why, since no one else has.

Basically what Gateway and many forms of CFW allow you to do is run unsigned software. That basically encompasses all pirated stuff and unofficial software/homebrew. To put it simply only retail cartridges and eShop downloads are signed.

A CIA of Cubic Ninja that you downloaded off the internet won't be signed. You'll notice that if you try launching it in EmuNAND classic, it won't work

That's what's gonna happen on your N3DS after the system transfer, if it even transfers in the first place (I doubt it will)

8. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    @JoostinOnline Wel if that was rude, then there are many, many rude posts on this forum ;)
    But let me make it up to him. (Yes, i know what respect is, i don't need to google it up, but i will in no way edit my first post, i still stand by that, my post may be a little suprising or unfriendly to some, still i'm willing to make it up ;) )

Wel first his Title is wrong to his question.
    Yes, you can install Gateway without Cubic Ninja! You just need Gateway red cart to run the games and FW 9.2 or lower or use a custom firmware if your system is 9.2 or lower.
    Cubic Ninja is optional to run CFW (Only NinjHax v1.1 will work for that) or just run your Homebrew straight from 4.x (NH v1.1x) or 9.0+ (NinjHax v1.1x and NinjHax v2.1x or Ironhax/TubeHax)

---

Then, If you transfer your O3DS Emunand (i assume 9.9, but it really doesn't matter) to N3DS (sysnand 9.9 i think) it will transfer only the info of games you actually bought in the eshop and info on games you saved to the SD
    It will then resign this info from bought games and saves with the info it needs to work on the N3DS (+ a few other things) That's why, the more games you have on it, the longer it will take)
    (This is like Lucifer666 said, there signed and illegal installed games are not signed (Gateway and some custom firmwares patches the signing, and because of that not signed games do work)
    So it will not sign your installed Cubic Ninja (or any other game) you installed as CIA.

Why i say, info and not actually transfer the game:
    - When the transfer is done, you need to swap SD or when it askes to swap, make a copy of your SD to MicroSD, then swap, If you don't swap SD but use the one already in your N3DS, you have to redownload all games later
    (or you could use a microsd with adaptor, before you start the transfer in your O3DS, this way you can swap the MicroSD with ease)
    - As Cubic Ninja was illegal on your O3DS, the info will not be transfered and therefor the game will not show up on your Homemenu on the N3DS if it is on Sysnand 9.3+

So i hope i have made it up to you @Simiaraichu by explaining it a bit, getting into detail would be to much, but i tried to make it as simple an short a spossible :D

Last edited by DjoeN, Aug 22, 2015
    clank and dimmidice like this.
  9. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    transfer is with one F not two. just thought i'd point that out as it made me mildly irritated for some odd reason. must be a previously unknown pet peeve of mine.

Margen67, DjoeN and Seriel like this.
  10. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Before anything else, it is NOT possible to use emunand from one system in another.

11. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    No. However, my idea was to edit the download play partition of a ROM and then use download play with an updated 3DS. I think this will work because even with edited ROMs everything will show up on their screen. So embed something into it and the updated 3DS will attempt to run it.

12. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I believe that download play data must be correctly signed to be executed. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it wouldn't make sense unless the security guys at Nintendo are clowns.

13. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Well, I edited a Mario Kart 7 ROM and put a custom track there and it showed up on the other 3DS perfectly.

14. Simiaraichu
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    Algeria
    Well so my n3ds xl is 9.4 firmware.

15. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    That's non exploitable firmware. (in terms of CFW)

Margen67 likes this.
  16. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    That seems fitting.

tony_2018 likes this.
  17. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I think it's because the child system (The system running DL Play) receives the track info from the parent (The MK7 game).

I have always considered trying it with DL Play, but it never seems to be an option.

Margen67 likes this.