Hacking Homebrew I have an errdisp when I launch the camera app and the Sound Studio app

Garry54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I would like to know if there would be a way to fix this error, every time I launch the Sound Studio application and the camera application, I get this error:
--------------------------------------------------------
`An Error occured (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic
Process ID: 43
Process name: CtrApp
Process title ID: 0x0004001000022400

Address: 0x00248d30
Error code: 0xd900458b`

or this error--------------------------------------

`An Error occured (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic
Process ID: 38
Process name: CtrApp
Process title ID: 0x0004001000022500

Address: 0x00213d70
Error code: 0xd900458b`
I also get the same error when I open the camera with R+L and when the gallery opens in another application. I don't know if it's a component of the console that is damaged or a corrupt system file, but what is sure is that it comes from the console and not from the SD card because this error also occurs without the SD card.
Console Info:
Nintendo 3DS XL (old)
Firmware 11.16.0-48E (updated recently)
Luma CFW v11.0
SD Card Sandisk 128GB XC V30 A2
Thank you in advance.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Probably your console has (at least one) broken camera, anything that uses the camera will crash if the physical camera is broken.

It's likely that replacing whichever camera(s) are broken would fix it. There might be a homebrew that can check which cameras are broken but I'm not sure... :unsure:

Garry54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably your console has (at least one) broken camera, anything that uses the camera will crash if the physical camera is broken.

It's likely that replacing whichever camera(s) are broken would fix it. There might be a homebrew that can check which cameras are broken but I'm not sure... :unsure:
I went to "System Settings App" > "Others Settings" > "Outer Cameras". Both cameras work well and the app does not crash.
And to test the front camera, I went to "DSi Camera App" and the front camera works too.

Two_Fitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pretty sure if the cams go bye bye and you replace them it aint gonna work went through 5 cams and still don’t work tried replacing crap on the motherboard and still nothing eventually no one will have a camera

FelixHB

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I went to "System Settings App" > "Others Settings" > "Outer Cameras". Both cameras work well and the app does not crash.
And to test the front camera, I went to "DSi Camera App" and the front camera works too.

If the cameras work fine in software other than Nintendo 3DS Camera App, the problem cannot be the cameras. Have you tried to restore a NAND Backup or a CTRTransfert?

Last edited by FelixHB,
Reactions: Garry54

Garry54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the cameras work fine in software other than Nintendo 3DS Camera App, the problem cannot be the cameras. Have you tried to restore a NAND Backup or a CTRTransfer?
Yes, I've already restored three NAND backups (two backups and one CTRTransfert), and that didn't solve this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1