Question I have all the tools needed to hack my switch. Which cfw/tool/OS should i use?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Roxasorg13, Aug 22, 2018.

?
  1. SX OS

35 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. ReiNX

41 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. Wait for atmosphere

25 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Im not deluding myself with anything, dont get lemon with me sir..
    To be honest i dont give a fck if its stolen or not. if i can use it i will, the same with the open source..
    Your deluded to think i give a fck..
    like i have said who took what code first how do you or i know who was first...
    And yes i know you can reverse engineer the boot.dat and decompile code and match it blah blah blah..
    Im just sick of talk about this now hence why my first post replied to such a matter was prove it and or who gives a fck. ovb your one of those who really cares about opensource being copied and get upset when someone posts about it .Its open source deal with it.
    No false beliefs,, want to know what i believe.
    I believe i have the choice to use sx os if i please and open source, i think both are great... and they work for what i want them to do... I also believe that use girls need to stop getting all emotional when someone mentions sxos, and say oh they copied this and that . its boring...Im sure theres a lot of us here that dont care and dont want to see another post about they copied my homework..
    Its time to just drop it. End of.

Last edited by Canna, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    I really don't care whether or not you use it, I'm simply giving you the facts. It's your choice whether you find their product questionable due to these facts, or not. However, I will remind you that SX OS does not offer any real benefit over the free software alternatives, beyond XCI loading, which has met its demise thanks to conversion tools and over-the-air NSP installers. NSPs of which are easily and readily available on any website that had previously only distributed XCIs. Not to mention the countless pieces of software that are exclusive to said alternatives, like custom modules and kernel patches, due to the closed-source nature of SX OS.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Ashura66 and Meriadoc like this.
  3. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I use both i appreciate your response, noted thank you have a nice day

4. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    And yet tons of people did. Hell i thought about buying it myself at one point but all retailers in my country were completely sold out. Glad i didn't buy it though like i did fir the Gateway on 3ds since now i have a free alternative! And hey, paying for the dongle and the jig i wouldn't mind, especially since the jig seems to be really high quality. My qualms with TX is them charging you a software license, to me that just screams greed. But that's just me

5. Roxasorg13
    OP

Roxasorg13 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I already added the exfat option without burning fuses!
    No AutoRCM required. The thing with AutoRCM is that sometimes i forget to charge my switch and it turns off. So i dont want to be dealing with the charge issues lol

Do you know If there is any risk if i disable airplane mode to use my joycons??
    Can i forget my network settings and disable airplane mode?

6. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    The joycons connect via the bluetooth connection .So you can have airplane mode on and just turn the bluetooth connection back on to use the joycons

7. Halm

Halm Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    Singapore
    Hmm...with mine, I just deleted the network connections but didn't turn on airplane mode as I can't think of how it will connect when there is no network settings...

8. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    It wont. But like i said you can have airplane mode on and simply leave the bluethooth connection on and the joycons will work just fine

9. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    It won’t sitting in your house but if you travel with it don’t forget about the Nintendo Hotspots. Nothing but airplane mode will prevent connecting to those.

mikefor20 likes this.
  10. Halm

Halm Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    Singapore
    And THAT is something I didn't know....great...so I think my console which never went online is probably banned...

thorasgar likes this.
  11. The0919

The0919 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2017
    United States
    Behind you
    Use Hekate and TomGer's SD files. The only advantage of SX Pro is it can load XCIs, but NSPs are better. Hekate and SD files are basically just finished parts of atmosphere that you can use.

12. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    .NSP aren't better than .XCI in any way, shape or form

13. The0919

The0919 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2017
    United States
    Behind you
    NSPs are the switch equivalent of CIAs. They can be installed to system memory, show up right on your home screen just like a normal game installed from the eshop, and eventually we will have homebrew installable as NSPs. The only advantage of .xci is they can be installed on fat32 sd cards.

14. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    IF you use a personal dump from a physical cart XCI. it will have it's own unique header. If you use a NSP it will use a public header and cert... Hows is that not an advantage for XCIs??

15. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    Also the way of home menu to have the games is very messy, with xci you in another menu without the clutter for me xci>>>nsp

16. thorasgar
    This message by thorasgar has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 24, 2018, Reason: Off topic.
    Aug 24, 2018
  17. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    However pirated .NSP are much easier to be detected by Nintendo than a pirated .XCI so that is a CLEAR advantage of .XCI

It's really now...they are ordered by last usage so...not messy at all

18. mikefor20
    This message by mikefor20 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 24, 2018, Reason: Off topic.
    Aug 24, 2018
  19. mikefor20
    This message by mikefor20 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 24, 2018, Reason: Off topic.
    Aug 24, 2018
  20. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    yes last usage, imagine having 50 or more including cartridges and xci, I use 3 sd cards and nsp are a nightmare, xci is far better if you have other storage units

21. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    That is a very good point. In my case will likely just stick to a 128GB card and rotate out games as needed. 40 games at any one time is more than enough for us. :D