I have a TTDS but thinking of getting different one........

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Mrbob2, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Mrbob2
    OP

Newcomer Mrbob2 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    The reason is i recently bought a ds from amazon and it was £7, now for the past week they have been £26+. I know from reading on here nintendo are clamping down on card sellers blah blah etc so maybe people are running out or.......

Anyways, i have seen on amazon uk a

Nintendo DS " EDGE " Super Card (R4 Revolution Version 3)

for £8. there doesnt seem to be a forum thingy on edge cards so i posted here as im a TTDS owner.

Are these edge cards as good and what are the differences if any?

all i want is like my TTDS card, plays all games, uses cheats and, thats about it! lol

thanks for your advice

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The Edge is a good choice. So is the Acekard 2. Both are better than the DSTT.

I personally prefer the Acekard 2 better because it has one of the nicest and most responsive menu systems of any flash cart, but some people prefer the Edge.

-Bri

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    avoid ANY R4 CLONES LIKE THE PLAGUE!

they are bad news!!!!

TTDS is a good card anyway [​IMG]

Edge is a Cyclo clone apparently and works as good as a Cyclo!

Acekards are good but work better with custom firmwares ..

My current card is the M3 REAL also a good card with the triple loader theres a good chance that one way or another a troublesome game is going to load in one of them lol [​IMG]

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Acekard has recently merged the Bliss menu into its official firmware, so the official menu has all of the features of that custom menu (direct slot 2 GBA expansion support, multiple save slots, etc). There are other custom menus available like AIO and YSMenu that provide other features.

-Bri

5. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I don't like the official firmware 4.08 for the AK2 because it still does not have all the features of AKAIO 1.1r2.

6. Ice Cold

Member Ice Cold GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Cyclo is just too Godly for words. Too bad it's not as priced as well as the edge and acekard. My friend has one and I'm jealous.

Yes, bri has said it all. Both flashcarts you speak of are better than the TT. Either choice would be a wise one.