Hacking I Have a TON of .mp4 Vids From When I had a PSP

magx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know if the peole behind moonshell are adding support for other formats or will it always be the .dpg gormat only? Because I need to decide whether I try and find a porgram to convert .mp4 vids to .avi so i can then conver those to .dpg (since the converter for moonshell doesn't recognize mp4's) or do I wait for .mp4 support?

Converting them all like this will take forever, and i remember spending weeks doing all the ocnverting for the psp.....

any advice?

thanks in advance

magx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, I don't otherwise I would have done that
smile.gif

magx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
......can you elaborate on that a bit? I'm not sure what you're talking about (sorry, new to this). Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MP4 is merely a container.

Should you want to convert them the batchDPG program could work although my personal experiences have been less than stellar so far, others have said it is great and in all truth I have not put it through it's paces.

Moreover MP4 is a fairly new thing at least as far as most sites, programs and video makers/users do not use/support it.

So grab AVISynth:
http://www.avisynth.org/
And a copy of Virtual Dub (or one of it's mods):
http://www.virtualdub.org/

Open up notepad and do as follows paste the following line in changing it for the location and name of your MP4 file:
Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\micromachines_4_gp.mp4")
Save this notepad file with an .avs extension and then open it with Vdub (or almost any player you can think of).
Once you are in there save the file as an AVI.
To do this in VDub click video and select recompress (fast or normal it should not matter). Then click video compression (or ctrl and p) and choose your codec, I use ffdshow with encoder set to xvid but any should do. Then hit file, save as avi and choose a location. A little while later a nice AVI should spring up.
You can get ffdshow in a great little codec pack by the anime release groups: http://www.cccp-project.net/

Of course batchDPG does this automatically and can be used to import almost any file in any container.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mp4 is a container for h264 encoding... the DS will never be able to decode h264 becuse it lacks the cpu power and the ram that the PSP has

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you're that lazy, you could always buy a Play Yan Micro
wink.gif

For a "mere" $75, you get mp4 playback on your DS.

Or use Batch.dpg.

magx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, looks liek I am going to try and fing this batch.dpg

thanks everyone, especially fast6191 for that very in depth post

magx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, I found th eprogram and installed it. When i run it on a South PArk episode (cartman gets pubes) I get a .dpg version of th eepisode, but it's 0 bytes.......

anyone know what's going on?

magx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for that link but unfortunately nothing there is of any use....except maybe I miu=ght have an older version of the program, I'll check that when I get home from work

but the FAQ section doesn't have my problem listed

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've uplaoded an episode of FUll metal panic (Anime) on the M3 (encoded with moonshell's dpg format). The quality and colors were good but I was dissapointed in scren size. it was widescreen so there's black horizontal bars top and bottom of the video which made the video even smaller.

The subtitles were visible tho. They were clear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: For a bit I considered just upgrading my 5700X build but it would have only saved me like 500...