I have a sysnand on 9.2 what to do next?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by slasher7amad, Jun 6, 2016.

1. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    i just downgraded to 9.2

and iam looking for CakesFW help and to make an emunand also to seperate it

a question(if i seperate the emunand iam sure that i will get 9.2 emunand. i want to play fire emblem revelation DLC, i have conquest and birthright but retail versions, The Question is HOW I can update emunand to 10.3 without removing homebrew and keeping it. sysupdater?)

2. zezzo

zezzo The "Black Ace"

Sep 14, 2015
    United States
    Emunand has signature patches. Your cia files should be ok. Just install the homebrew cia. Also, if you are new to this, I would recommend running Luma 3ds and menuhax.

3. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    wait.. now can you read this one by one

1) i want to make an Emunand and i want an easy guide( i was scared to hell when downgrading)

2) i want to update to 10.3 using THAT emunand explain how this process is done

4. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    *edit*

Last edited by EmperorOfCanada, Jun 6, 2016
  5. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Is it N3DS or O3DS?

6. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    O3DS

7. HenryLeonheart

HenryLeonheart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2014
    You want to follow this guide until Part 3 if you only want menuhax or all the way through if you want the best entrypoint for the 3DS (A9LH): https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki. If you go all the way through, you'll be able to boot the 3DS directly into CFW 100% of the time, be able to recover from any bricks if it happens, boot in 8~10 seconds, etc. The guide is super safe.

8. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Not sure if this is right for him given he wants a seperate emunand and said was really scared at the downgrade process.

wormdood likes this.
  9. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    So i just implement Part 3 ?

If Yes Thanks Sooooo Much

10. HenryLeonheart

HenryLeonheart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2014
    True but many users don't know what A9LH and end up going with menuhax due to lack of all recent developments in hacking so it was just giving slasher one more option. Tbh, the initial downgrade is the worst part. Everything after that is (bar user error) 99% safe.

11. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Fully agreed it is the 'best' current solution. But.. I dont want to try to talk him into something he doesnt want.

HenryLeonheart likes this.
  12. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    Like What?

13. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    The current 'prefered' method is using Plailects guide in full, in which you end up with a Custom firmware on your Sysnand with A9LH (and no emunand)

The guide is very safe with very little brick chance *if you follow the instructions carefully*

14. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    Why A9LH Why not Rednand or Emunand. iam a bit confused i dont know what to do now :wtf:

15. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    if all you want is to pirate 3ds games you dont need a9lh at all . . . if you enjoy modding your console more than playing games get a9lh

16. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    So basically yes i need pirated games ONLY and emunand at 11.0 so i can play online games too thats it

so basically help me to do that

i only downgraded to 9.2 thats it

17. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    If you are on 9.2 and don't want to do the A9LH thing, just follow my guide now to get Emunand with Menuhax. See signature for the link.

18. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    is it safe to use your NEW 3ds way because i think it differs alot

19. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It was written for N3DS initially but the differences are small, and because people just used this for O3DS as well I changed it in the way that it also works for O3DS. Main difference is that you have to use sliderhax but the link provided does that for your 3DS version automatically. Just follow my tutorial, it'll work.

20. slasher7amad
    OP

slasher7amad Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    Aha. Thanks. But there is a question This one is the simplest and only for Pirated Games right

that is question 1

Now My Main Question is. Can i update the emunand to 11.0 and launch menuhax and play online normally ??