1. Spiwocoal

OP Spiwocoal Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    So, I recently bought an used switch that had already been exploited with CFW installed, but I noticed it was installed to sysnand instead than to emunand. I know having CFW in the emunand is safer, so I wanted to transfer it to the emunand, is it possible? And if so, what should I do to transfer it safely?

2. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    CFW is NOT "IN" the sys/emuNAND ;)

Either CFW uses sysNAND to install games OR CFW uses emuNAND to install games.

If you want to use an emuNAND (aka emuMMC) with Atmosphere, use Nyx/Hekate at boot in RCM, create emuMMC reinstall atmosphere and homebrews on the SD (creating emuMMC on partition = formatting SD) and then boot on emuMMC.

Delete installed games that are on sysNAND after this to clean it.
    But not sure it will be safier...

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    CFW is never "installed" on the Switch; all you do is run CFW. Think of it like a mode similar to OFW. You can boot CFW or OFW in sysMMC just like how you can boot CFW or OFW in emuMMC (well OFW in emuMMC doesn't work yet). Therefore you do not "transfer" CFW to emuMMC. Instead what you do is assuming you have emuMMC setup is simply boot into emuMMC using CFW. If you do not have emuMMC yet, you can use Hekate to make one for you.

CanIHazWarez likes this.
  4. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Depends if they ever pirated games on your Switch. If they never have then you would:

1. Backup your nand and save somewhere else
    2. Create an emunand using the current NAND
    3. Test emunand using Hekate then use incognito on your emunand.
    4. Format your Sysnand
    5. Setup your sysnand and hope you are not banned.

Last edited by fvig2001, Feb 26, 2021
    ds34 likes this.
  5. CanIHazWarez

CanIHazWarez GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After you make an emunand from your current sysnand...
    If the person made a NAND backup before they started hacking (which they should have if they followed a guide), you can restore that NAND on your sysnand so that you have a clean sysnand before going online. Only do this if the system has not gone online since then NAND was initially backed up. Otherwise your telemetry data won't match and you'll get hit with the ban hammer.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installed, transfer, sysnand