Hacking I have a rather annoying issue...

KrimsoN111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing my acekard 2i on my 3DS, it works fine for a while but then sometimes, usually when i try to save, it freezes at the save screen of whatever game I'm playing.
then i try to boot it up again and i get a message: "an error has occurred, hold power button to turn off system".

i have the AKAIO 1.8.9z and i am running the latest 3DS firmware.

can anyone help? thank you.

KrimsoN111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay...been a while...anyway, i tried formating with the specific options but it didn't work...guess i'll move on to the contact guide.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what brand is your msd card? what class speed is it? how large is it? are you 100% sure it is legit? have you tested it on another flash kit? have you run check disk (or a similar program on it) to make sure it isn't damaged in some way?

the reason i ask is that part of what you are describing sounds like a bad msd card. it explains more the save issues you are having. a contact issue won't present itself only when you are saving, it would happen more randomly. however, the message you are receiving when the save fails i have seen happen with contact issues.

-another world

KrimsoN111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the micro sd card came with my old cyclods. no i have not tested any other flash kit and i have not run a disk check i have only formatted it...

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the exact same issue i tried the contacts its updated to 4.2.0-9 bootloader if i had a DS/Lite i would try it on one but i don't could it be the bootloader itself?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its hard to debug the issue then. it could very well be the card. you could try the paper trick, but if that doesn't fix your issues then i would suggest that you pick up a better msd card. i've been using transcend cards, i can't recommend the 8 gb class-6 card enough.

-another world

KrimsoN111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its hard to debug the issue then. it could very well be the card. you could try the paper trick, but if that doesn't fix your issues then i would suggest that you pick up a better msd card. i've been using transcend cards, i can't recommend the 8 gb class-6 card enough.

-another world
Ah i see...i thought so. thanks very much for your help. least now i have an answer :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse