I have a R4, what next?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by KrAzY3, Apr 16, 2007.

Apr 16, 2007

I have a R4, what next? by KrAzY3 at 6:05 AM (1,243 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. KrAzY3
    OP

Newcomer KrAzY3 Member

United States
    I just got a DS Lite last month and I am not only new to the DS but I'm new to the whole flash card scene as well. I'm looking to get the most out of my device and I have some questions. I apologize since I'm making a new topic that might cover some old things but I'm looking to see if I can get some specific advice.

1: Slot 2 Device - I'd like to be able to play GBA games on the DS Lite without having something sticking out and it would appear that there's no way to play GBA games from Slot 1 or any way this could happen in the future. So... a cheap solution for this would be nice. I've looked at the EZ Flash 3-in-1 which certainly fits within my price range but it seems like it doesn't hold many games and I'm a bit confused as to what all it does and how well it functions. Any suggestions or recommendations on this regard would be appreciated (I have read up a bit but I'm still trying to figure it all out).

Also, this is probably a dumb question but is there any option out there that would work with both my DS Lite and my GBA SP?

2: Home Brew/Emulators - The other main thing I've been looking at is the best homebrew programs. It seems a lot of them have to be patched for the R4, but really what all is there out there that's worth having? Moonshell came with the R4 CD and that seems to have a lot of what I need built in, what else should I keep an eye out for?

I'm trying to figure out what SNES emulator is the best. There are three from what I can tell and so far I've tried SNEmulDS (not too impressed but at least some of the games are playable). I can't really get any solid info on which one works better, is SNEmulDS the best or should I be trying another?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any info or suggestions.

2. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    1. the 3in1 does NOT store any games. the way it works is: the R4 has the game. u use a program to transfer the R4 file to the 3in1 cart. after its been copied in, the 3in1 can play that game. everytime u play a diff game, u have to re-transfer the file from the R4. the devices that support GBA games without sticking out are (and i'm pretty sure on all these):
    M3 lite
    G6lite
    supercard lite
    ezflash IV lite

none of those should stick out. however, its impossible to work on ur DS lite AND GBA SP at the same time because the size of the cartridges are different.

2. with DLDI patching, just about EVERYTHING worth having works on the R4. the best programs (in my opinion) is:

DS Live weather
    DS Organize (has pretty much everything u'll want)
    NDSmail
    the ipod thing which plays mp3's (although moonshell would prob be betteR)
    phidias (drawing program)

umm thats all i can come up with now.

as for SNES, i have no idea.

3. Lexal

Newcomer Lexal Advanced Member

Sweden
    DO you use the formware you get on the CD? I sugest you dont, thats very old syuff, download the latest firmware here.

4. SomeGuyGG

Member SomeGuyGG GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Actually here might work a bit better unless you know chinese [​IMG]

SNemulDS is the only decent SNES emulator out now, and its still not perfect. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=28

5. KrAzY3
    OP

Newcomer KrAzY3 Member

United States

6. Lexal

Newcomer Lexal Advanced Member

Sweden
    SneMul DS doesnt work for me, it doesnt load the roms. Stupied program.

7. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    hmmm...
    Are your roms on a folder named "SNES" on the root of your card?
    Did you DLDI patch the app?

SneMulDS is a BRILLIANT work.