Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So about a year or two ago I had gotten Halo 2 for PC for my birthday and I remember I had always had trouble with it. It was on an older laptop of mine and I've recently recovered the disc and I'm curious to see if it works or not on my current desktop. The problem I had before was whenever I would get to the Arbiter level, as soon as the cutscene would exit (whether I skipped it or not) it would always cause a black screen and would make me force shutdown my laptop. Anyone know what the problem might have been? I just don't want to take the time installing the game, playing for an hour or two and finding out it still doesn't work. I sort of found a workaround by making a backup of all the map files, and skipping The Arbiter by renaming the next level file the same as the Arbiter one and just playing that. It got to be annoying and I also found out that it wasn't just the Arbiter level that was causing the problem, other levels were causing it too. ANYWAYS, what do you think?

The specs of my old laptop were
Windows 7 Ultimate
3GB of DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon x1200
AMD Athlon 2650e 1.6GHz processor (I know, Halo 2 needs at least 2ghz to run but I thought what the heck?)

My current desktop specs now are

Windows 7 Gamer Edition (A little customized version of Ultimate)
4GB of DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 6150
AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core 2.7GHz Processor.

Maybe it was because of my specs? I dunno, we'll see!

Well so far so good, it installed alright and accepted my CD-key. Just finished the first level, took forever cuz I'm absent of a good PC controller that works with Halo 2. The RT on my wired 360 controller doesn't work, and I can't get the Plug and Charge cable thing to work on my computer. The driver installs but the controller won't "Connect" to the PC. Anyone got a clue as to why? Or does it just not work like that?

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Maybe the disk has some bad sector/damaged.

I don't think it's because of specs coz I played GTA San Andreas on 128mb of ram
smileipb2.png

If I was you then I would have given it a shot and if you have the save files with you,you can try from where you left before.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't the disc, I went and downloaded an ISO as well, same thing happened! I don't happen to have the save files but I haven't played a Halo game in a long time so I figured some good ol' Covenant killing could be good for me.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 1.6Ghz single core? That's not just a ballsy attempt, that's downright ridiculous. Your new machine shouldn't have a problem, though, I don't think. I've run it pretty well on less.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I was damn well surprised when it worked! Nearly shat myself! I was confused when I got it cuz my parents knew my laptop was shitty. Hopefully it'll work this time, have to download an ISO again cuz the disc is to scratched up to be read.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
suprgamr232 said:
I was damn well surprised when it worked! Nearly shat myself! I was confused when I got it cuz my parents knew my laptop was shitty. Hopefully it'll work this time, have to download an ISO again cuz the disc is to scratched up to be read.
Just make sure that this time you download a different ISO.
I also had some errors with torrents,but it worked after a different download
tongue.gif

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I hate torrents, to unsafe. I stick to filesharing sites, it may be more of a hassle but it's safer! I don't even remember where I got the old ISO from, I just downloaded a newer one from a friend of mine
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: