I have a question about resolution.

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by azoreseuropa, Apr 8, 2007.

1. azoreseuropa
    OP

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    My anime is 256x192 and other anime is 256x171.

I want to increase 256x171 to 256x192 but I cannot because I tried and 171 wont go to 192. Is there a program can let me do that at the end ? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry about my english. [​IMG]

2. blade85

blade85 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2007
    United States
    is this a picture or is it some kind of a movie?

If it is a picture and you try to change it in photoshop, you cant, the height changes proportionatly according to the width

If it is a movie, then i have no idea, sorry

3. Kyoji

Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

Apr 15, 2003
    United States
    :'(
    Wrong!
    Just uncheck "constrain to proportions" when changing the size under the "Image size" dialogue

4. blade85

blade85 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2007
    United States
    oh well lol -.-

Do that then, assuming you have photoshop

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    171 is an odd size (they tend to be multiple of 4).

You have two options: add borders or normal resize (you could mix the options as well).

Resize poses a problem in that you will either end up with a stretched image or you can crop the image and resize (letterboxing).

You have many options, if you just want a on the fly version ffdshow has the option. If you want to reencode my favourite methods are avisynth: http://avisynth.org/ or virtual dub: http://www.virtualdub.org/ , for vdub hit video full processing mode. Then hit video -> filters -> add and choose resize, for upscaling I suggest lanczos3, for avisynth I also suggest lanczos or if find it sharpens too must go to bilinear or bicubic. I will make a demo script if you want as well.