Hacking I have a question about online playing

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I ordered a wii u console with a fw 5.5.1. its coming in january. Thats why I start reading to setup cfw on it. So its a similiar way like the 3ds in the past with emunand? If yes, its possible to use the internet on it to play online? (Like mario maker or super smash?)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I ordered a wii u console with a fw 5.5.1. its coming in january. Thats why I start reading to setup cfw on it. So its a similiar way like the 3ds in the past with emunand? If yes, its possible to use the internet on it to play online? (Like mario maker or super smash?)
Don't set up rednand. Just follow the noob guide (stickied and in my sig). Yes you can play online with a hacked Wii u

Reactions: Justin20020

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's easier than 3DS hacking. With the homebrew files (HBL, wupinstaller and Haxchi) on the SD and a compatible legit bought DS VC it's as easy as going to loadiine.ovh on the Wii U and booting HBL, running the Haxchi installer and installing Haxchi over the DS VC title. Haxchi is optional, you can load homebrew through the internet browser every time, it's just more effort and not as stable, and requires wifi. Kafluke's guide goes more in depth and is the one I recommend.

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahh okay I see. Is there something like a tik loader like in the 3ds scene? where you can download the latest games from the eshop?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ahh okay I see. Is there something like a tik loader like in the 3ds scene? where you can download the latest games from the eshop?
Sort of, you can use Wii U USB Helper or any of the other similar tools, but they're all PC apps, though Wii U USB Helper has a homebrew that combines wupinstaller + FTP server so you can send games over wifi to be installed, similar to what you can do with FBI on 3DS. Someone did make a sort of FreeShop thing for Wii U but they deemed it useless because of how slow the Wii U wifi is combined with how large the games are, it would take a really long time just to download a single game, so they never released it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.