Hacking I have a PSP2004 with cfw 5.50 Gen D3. What should I do?

Overwhelming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For my dismay, I can't play the 3rd birthday nor FFIV CC. So I guess it's time to upgrade my PSP. So, I would like to ask you the following:

1 - Do I really need to upgrade my PSP?
2 - Is there a way to fix the ISOs, so I can play them in my current version?
3 - If I need to upgrade, what would you recommend me? I would prefer one that wouldn't require me to hack it each time I reboot it...

Thank you for you time.
smile.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
You can just patch (or download prepatched versions of) your isos you want working.

Alternatively, just update to 6.20 TN-D (and perma patch it) if you want a "Lite-CFW" that is "Permanent", or update to 6.35 PRO-B3 (temporary CFW, need to reenable after every full shut down).

It's your call. updating will make new releases work but it will make you lose a lot of PSX Pops compatibility.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
- (Fully hackable) 100X/200X -
- PC -
1. Download XGEN GEN D3 Updater. Place UPDATE in PSP/GAME and 550.PBP on the root of your memory stick
2. Download Prometheus-4 5.50 GEN-D Addon and place the Prometheus folder in PSP/GAME

- PSP -
1. Run and update to GEN D3 (Be careful what you press on, there is also an option that upgrades to OFW 5.50 and we don't want that!)
2. Run and update to Prometheus-4 and you're done!

From Prowler's sticky.

Overwhelming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
emigre said:
- (Fully hackable) 100X/200X -
- PC -
1. Download XGEN GEN D3 Updater. Place UPDATE in PSP/GAME and 550.PBP on the root of your memory stick
2. Download Prometheus-4 5.50 GEN-D Addon and place the Prometheus folder in PSP/GAME

- PSP -
1. Run and update to GEN D3 (Be careful what you press on, there is also an option that upgrades to OFW 5.50 and we don't want that!)
2. Run and update to Prometheus-4 and you're done!

From Prowler's sticky.

Thanks, somehow I missed that, as I've looked the 5.50 - 6.20 section only.

I guess that I will only have to follow steps 2, as my PSP is already hacked to 5.50 Gen D3, right?

Overwhelming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all. I've installed Prometheus 4 and FFIV is running fine, I guess I was successful. Thanks again.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Certified Nin10yearold (tm) +1