PS1/2 I have a PS1,2 and 3 scratched discs

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On the Playstation 1 and 2, all my discs seemed to get scratches after being played, yet my ps3 discs are perfect, scratch free...why is it like that?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
snico1995 said:
i think blu rays are more scratch resistant than dvds and cds
If so why does everyone want to get rid of them, I'm liking no scratches, no freezes every 10 minutes etc.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
snico1995 said:
If so why does everyone want to get rid of them, I'm liking no scratches, no freezes every 10 minutes etc.
What do you mean "everyone want to get rid of them"?

Anyways, the PS3 seems to be more gentle on discs than the fat PS2s. The fat PS2 would sometimes drop the disc back into the try while it was still spinning causing scratches, or at least mine did sometimes.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CrashmanX said:
gifi4 said:
snico1995 said:
What do you mean "everyone want to get rid of them"?

Anyways, the PS3 seems to be more gentle on discs than the fat PS2s. The fat PS2 would sometimes drop the disc back into the try while it was still spinning causing scratches, or at least mine did sometimes.
I mean that DVD's dominate over blu-ray, have you been to the store recently?? A LOT more DVD's then bluray's.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Most stores these days have their own disk repair machines which they'll run your games through for a reasonable cost. The GAME store near my house will repair 3 games for 5 pounds, which considering the quality of the work is actually a pretty decent deal if you ask me. Unless there's a laser burn, the disks should work fine afterwards.

As for consoles damaging disks, in my experience the 360 is the worst. Especially if you have the system vertical instead of laid flat. The slightest knock while the disk is spinning will almost certainly cause an irrepairable laser burn. And my little brother being the complete 'tard that he is (an incredibly stupid hype fed sheep that honestly believes that spending over ten hours building the perfect shopping mall on Halo 3's Forge mode constitutes unbeatable entertainment and simply the best thing in the history of the universe) he knocks his 360 all the damn time and as such most of his games are incinerated beyond recognition.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
I mean that DVD's dominate over blu-ray, have you been to the store recently?? A LOT more DVD's then bluray's.

Thats not because people want to do away with them, its because they havent become the main form of Media.
Think about when DVDs came out over VHS. In the beginning there were TONS of VHS's still and slowly DVDs became the main form of media.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is your ps2 standing instead of lying? I only have 1 scratched disc, and that's only because i got it that way.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
gifi4 said:

Thats not because people want to do away with them, its because they havent become the main form of Media.
Think about when DVDs came out over VHS. In the beginning there were TONS of VHS's still and slowly DVDs became the main form of media.

Yup, not a lot of people will want blu ray movies because the cost of blu-ray players, or the blu-ray movies costing more. Some people also don't care about quality of the picture. You also can't tell the difference depending on their size of TV or type of TV.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once everyone has an hdtv i think we will fully switch to bluray, but until then, i doubt dvds will go away anytime soon.

also, there are blurays that are cheaper than dvds, like this.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wtfisausername said:
Yup, not a lot of people will want blu ray movies because the cost of blu-ray players, or the blu-ray movies costing more. Some people also don't care about quality of the picture. You also can't tell the difference depending on their size of TV or type of TV.
The difference in price is like $5, that's the stupidest excuse I've heard to date. Well unless you're watching it on a SD (who would be stupid enough to do that anyway besides poor people?) you can tell the difference quite easily on all new releases...

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
wtfisausername said:
The difference in price is like $5, that's the stupidest excuse I've heard to date. Well unless you're watching it on a SD (who would be stupid enough to do that anyway besides poor people?) you can tell the difference quite easily on all new releases...

haha, well yeah. thats the excuse I've been hearing. I dont watch movies most of the time. When I do, im on the online netflix, quality isn't a main concern for me either so yeah.. n no im not poor.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't mean you specifically, just people in general who try and use that as an excuse. But yeah fair enough if you're just going to watch netflix then there's not really much use for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D