1. Joe Blame

OP Joe Blame Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey guys,

I have an o3ds (9.7) that will run Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon with themehax region free. I recently applied themehax to my o3ds XL (9.5) so I can play my american games on my bigger system. Only problem is, whilst some games work fine, Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon just throws a black screen at me.

Is this because it needs a later firmware to run? Is there any safe way to update the firmware whilst also keeping themehax so I can play more games? Or is it nothing to do with FW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Yangarang

Yangarang GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I'm not sure if it needs a later firmware, but if it does, launching it through HANS and enabling the firmware spoof might work?

3. Joe Blame

OP Joe Blame Newbie
    Newcomer

when I launch Hans it just hangs on a yellow bottom screen, white top screen. I dont really know what HANS is though, I just clicked it and that happened.

4. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    its becus the game only works with a updated 3DS you need to update to play it

5. Joe Blame

OP Joe Blame Newbie
    Newcomer

Obviously updating is a big no no with a hacked 3ds, So is there any way to safely update the firmware to a version where the game will work whilst also keeping a hacked 3ds?

6. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Hungary
    That would only be possible under 9.3, so no.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - themehax, problem, region