I have a problem with the region free on my 3ds themehax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Joe Blame, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Joe Blame
    OP

Joe Blame Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    Hey guys,

I have an o3ds (9.7) that will run Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon with themehax region free. I recently applied themehax to my o3ds XL (9.5) so I can play my american games on my bigger system. Only problem is, whilst some games work fine, Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon just throws a black screen at me.

Is this because it needs a later firmware to run? Is there any safe way to update the firmware whilst also keeping themehax so I can play more games? Or is it nothing to do with FW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Yangarang

Yangarang GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Australia
    I'm not sure if it needs a later firmware, but if it does, launching it through HANS and enabling the firmware spoof might work?

3. Joe Blame
    OP

Joe Blame Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    when I launch Hans it just hangs on a yellow bottom screen, white top screen. I dont really know what HANS is though, I just clicked it and that happened.

4. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    its becus the game only works with a updated 3DS you need to update to play it

5. Joe Blame
    OP

Joe Blame Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    Obviously updating is a big no no with a hacked 3ds, So is there any way to safely update the firmware to a version where the game will work whilst also keeping a hacked 3ds?

6. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    That would only be possible under 9.3, so no.