TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED  
  1. JackGR

OP JackGR Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Do you know guys how to update cias? Like i want to play Mario Kart Cia thats in EU and i cant update it because i have japanese region 3DS. I changed the region to europe but eshop didnt work so i changed it back. Do you know what to do to play online Mario Kart Normally? Is there any place for updated cias asap?

2. IC_

IC_ Pending Deletion

Poland
    You should be able to find the update CIA files on some websites (probably not allowed to link here), but I think playing games online with wrong region games doesn't work either.

3. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    There is a wonderful place. Full of wonderful cias. Its normally referred to as Google. Search for the update file. Then install it with FBI.

Mythical likes this.
  4. JackGR

OP JackGR Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    So will it work with the japanese 3ds (original version) to EU CIA Games? Or not? I can play online if i change the region as i have tried it to my friends 3DS just the eshop doesnt work

5. ShadowEO

ShadowEO GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Updates from eShop no longer work for the same reason that freeShop no longer functions. Nintendo's servers do a server-side check to ensure your ticket is valid, and installed CIAs no longer do.

6. tfocosta

tfocosta GBAtemp Z-Warrior

Canada
    I have a Japanese 3DS and here's what I've done:

1. Install LumaLocaleSwitcher

2. Download DLC or Update in *.cia format from the same region of your game if possible. If not, download a DLC or Update from a different region, if that's all you can find.

3. Install the DLC or Update using FBI.

4. Now, as you have a Japanese console and are running out of region games, to make it work properly, you need to change the region and language of the DLC or Update from "system default" using LumaLocaleSwitcher to the following configurations, depending on your case:
    4.1. Game and DLC or Update are from the same region: you need to setup the region of the game and the region of the DLC or Update to match the original region of the *.cia files you have installed, in your case EUR.
    4.2. Game and DLC or Update are from different regions: I'm not sure what I've done at the time, but just try changing the regions according to the region of the *.cia files and see if it works. Otherwise, try to match both with the game's region. One of these options will work.​

Alternatively, you can use LumaLocaleRegionAutoSetter. Read the instructions for more detailed information. :)

Last edited by tfocosta, Sep 5, 2020
  7. JackGR

OP JackGR Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Thanks a lot I tried something different yesterday as I hadn't saw your answer. I just installed a CIA update from a site I found and then installed it from FBI . Now mario kart for example works fine but as you said I maybe need to use locals switcher in the future. Also I tried to update Pokémon super sun and moon and because their Japanese region I have done it successfully. I just pick English language inside of them and I'm fine

8. tfocosta

Canada
    Glad to know you managed to find a way to do what you needed. Just shout if you need help with anything else. :)

JackGR likes this.
  9. JackGR

OP JackGR Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    I actually have mini problem* to super smash bros . I have installed the update and the dlcs but i cant play online. After i accept the terms of online usage it tells me that i cant play online if i dont accept them. Can someone help me on this one? I heard that in some games i cant have dlcs on to play online. If thats true how can i uninstall the dlcs only?

10. tfocosta

Canada
    - Do you have an Nintendo account setup in your console?
    - Did you try to play online with different game? If yes, did it work?

11. JackGR

OP JackGR Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Yeah i tried to play with mario kart 7 and it worked. It worked with little errors time to time but it worked very good!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also i have nintendo account setup in my console

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Modded, Update,