Hacking I have a legit demo unit on 1.06 trying to upgrade to 3.60 HELP

demounit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, i am in need of some serious help here.

so i have had this dusty old psv demo unit for years now, never used it. i saw the news about the new exploit for 3.60 and really want to throw some emulators on this puppy.

i have been having the most insane amount of trouble updating it to 3.60 though...i have tried literally everything and nothing works.

when i use qcma to update via pc it gives me an error on the vita "connect your vita system to a pc using a USB cable. (c0-11025-9)" i can confirm qcma detects the vita.

i saw that you can use the content downloader in idu settings to download a copy of the 3.60 firmware and install it that way. but every direct link i've tried to give it comes back with an error. i saw a youtube video that said i could setup a local http network and put my 3.60 firmware on there and access it that way but i can't figure that out for the life of me.

if any of you guys have any ideas for me i would love to hear them. i am so ready for this to be over with! i just want to get to 3.60 and remove demo unit for good.

demounit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by demounit,

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might have gotten the two mixed up. One patches CMA and the other is a completely separate program that will not work if official CMA is installed. You want the completely different one, which from looking it up looks like is qCMA. Make sure to go into qCMA settings and uncheck "offline mode" so that it will actually allow it to update. If you're still having issues getting it to connect, I had to use a program called zadig to manually change the Vita's drivers in order for qCMA to recognize it, though since then, nothing else will recognize it, and qCMA doesn't seem to want to let me actually transfer content, so beware of that.

demounit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your help, i have already done all that but get hung up once i click update by connecting to a pc.

i wonder if the demo unit software is messing things up...

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your help, i have already done all that but get hung up once i click update by connecting to a pc.

i wonder if the demo unit software is messing things up...
I've done manual updates on an IDU before, to get to 3.18 (back when that was the golden FW).
I do believe QCMA is required in this case, and you need to set the right protocol version as well as place the update in the correct place for QCMA to work on so old a version.

demounit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just for the future if anyone has this problem I was able to solve it.

unfortunately I couldn't figure it out using just the computer and I had to go out and buy a game with a firmware update on the cart. I ended up getting Lego star wars force awakens. there was no documentation online as to what firmware it had on the cart but it was one of the only games available at the store and I figured since it was new it might have 3.60 on it - and it did!

so I just updated using the cart and installed henkaku then used the idu converter tool.

now my demo until psvita is a normal retail unit and all is well in the jungle.

thanks to everyone for helping and hopefully this can help someone in my situation in the future!

(luckily I live in a country where you can return opened games so it ended up costing me nothing after I returned Lego star wars)

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

unfortunately I couldn't figure it out using just the computer and I had to go out and buy a game with a firmware update on the cart. I ended up getting Lego star wars force awakens. there was no documentation online as to what firmware it had on the cart but it was one of the only games available at the store and I figured since it was new it might have 3.60 on it - and it did!

so I just updated using the cart and installed henkaku then used the idu converter tool.

thanks to everyone for helping and hopefully this can help someone in my situation in the future!

(luckily I live in a country where you can return opened games so it ended up costing me nothing after I returned Lego star wars)
You would put the firmware and the xml file in Documents/PSV Updates. .. too late I guess.

nCadeRegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hope you installed vitamin or maidump tool dumped the game then returned it. if thats the case and they allow you to return opened games, you should buy them one at a time ,dump them and return them , you could get the best games to offer for nothing. where do you live? i know some of the people at walmart here in the us will take open games and give full credit, depends on who is working though. thing is evrywhere is dropping support for vita and fire saleing everything they have left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: