Hacking I have a JPN New 3ds region changed. But when I uninstalled B9S all system apps went!!!! PLEASE HELP

RonyPony9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Japanese New 3ds that I installed b9s on and had luma but it had a North American region change to the system and I couldn't find anything on changing that. Sooooo I did the typical method of uninstalling b9s by using an uninstall script in gm9 and now this happend
IMG_1029.PNG
there is no system apps and I have no Japanese 3ds games. The only solution I thought of was purchasing a Jpn copy of OOT 3D and then boot with OOT hax then use sys updater and update to 11.6 J. Please Help me! Help would be appreciated!!!!

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im not entirely sure how to revert. Did yoyou happen to make and store a backup of the nand before the region change? If you did you could reinstall b9s and use it to run godmode9 to restore your nand backup. If that backup was made without A9LH or B9S installed you can restore it without keeping HAX (should be an option in GM9) and this will revert you to a stock JPN 3ds on whatever firm it was on when the backup was made. If you do not have a nand backup from before the region change im not sure how you should proceed.

Also to answer your question CFW is required for a region change. At least im pretty sure its required.

Reactions: RonyPony9

RonyPony9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well im not entirely sure how to revert. Did yoyou happen to make and store a backup of the nand before the region change? If you did you could reinstall b9s and use it to run godmode9 to restore your nand backup. If that backup was made without A9LH or B9S installed you can restore it without keeping HAX (should be an option in GM9) and this will revert you to a stock JPN 3ds on whatever firm it was on when the backup was made. If you do not have a nand backup from before the region change im not sure how you should proceed.

Also to answer your question CFW is required for a region change. At least im pretty sure its required.

But couldn't I just do the same process you would normally do to change your region here but I change my region back to it's original? Also another thing how would I go about installing cfw on my system? Wouldn't I need to access the download play app which I don't have?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Depends on how the region setting was changed, a CFW patch is required for unsigned (edited) SecureInfo but you can always rip a signed one off a real console of the desired region

how would I go about installing cfw on my system? Wouldn't I need to access the download play app which I don't have?
Why should it? Once you have ARM9 access (which can be done via ntrboot without even an operating system installed) you can flash B9S to run a cfw from your SD (or many other possible setups)

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese New 3ds that I installed b9s on and had luma but it had a North American region change to the system and I couldn't find anything on changing that. Sooooo I did the typical method of uninstalling b9s by using an uninstall script in gm9 and now this happend View attachment 119154 there is no system apps and I have no Japanese 3ds games. The only solution I thought of was purchasing a Jpn copy of OOT 3D and then boot with OOT hax then use sys updater and update to 11.6 J. Please Help me! Help would be appreciated!!!!
You should have done a CTRTransfer and then formatted your 3DS to region-change it.

RonyPony9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I did format my micro sd card so I have nothing on it anymore and I do have an r4 that will come in the mail in a couple weeks which is good. And now I feel like an idiot cause I formatted my sd card which had backups on it!!!! Ahhhhhhh

RonyPony9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on how the region setting was changed, a CFW patch is required for unsigned (edited) SecureInfo but you can always rip a signed one off a real console of the desired region

Why should it? Once you have ARM9 access (which can be done via ntrboot without even an operating system installed) you can flash B9S to run a cfw from your SD (or many other possible setups)

Could I rip the secure info off a old 3ds as well? Cause I have an old 3ds as well but I just needs a new display. When I get it fixed could I use that secure info on my New 3ds? Also my brother is planning on buying a Japanese New 3ds as well so could I use that to possibly fix mine?

Last edited by RonyPony9,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could I rip the secure info off a old 3ds as well? Cause I have an old 3ds as well but I just needs a new display. When I get it fixed could I use that secure info on my New 3ds? Also my brother is planning on buying a Japanese New 3ds as well so could I use that to possibly fix mine?
Sure, as long as you can access ctrnand (backup+xorpads, backup+otp, or being able to run godmode9)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Or cause I did format my sd card which had backups on it could use a backup from that other new 3ds that I'm gonna get to fix my current one?
You can't use backups from other consoles, you can use a ctrtransfer image created from another console (of the same new/old generation) but that doesn't include the console-specific files by default

For your goal, simply flash a ctrtransfer image of the desired region, and copy a SecureInfo_A from a console of the same region as the one you installed

RonyPony9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't use backups from other consoles, you can use a ctrtransfer image created from another console (of the same new/old generation) but that doesn't include the console-specific files by default

For your goal, simply flash a ctrtransfer image of the desired region, and copy a SecureInfo_A from a console of the same region as the one you installed
Okay Thanks for the Help! I will try that when my r4 comes in the mail and I will update you guys about whats going on! Is there anything I could try to do now to fix it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also there is a ctrtransfer image of 11.5 but not 11.6. I had 11.6 on my North American firmware so do I have to downgrade to 11.5 or can I use an 11.5 image on 11.6?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also there is a ctrtransfer image of 11.5 but not 11.6. I had 11.6 on my North American firmware so do I have to downgrade to 11.5 or can I use an 11.5 image on 11.6?
You can... which will result in downgrading to 11.5 (in fact, ctrtransfer with a proper image is the most reliable way to downgrade... and the only possible one on 11.0+ without CFW); or you can create your own 11.6 image using the working 11.6 console

(Since ctrtransfer is mainly intended for A9LH/B9S users, it will not install the 11.5 kernel in the kernel partitions; you may be able to do that manually afterwards in GM9, or maybe 11.5 will boot fine with the 11.6 one anyway) -- @d0k3 will know :)

RonyPony9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can... which will result in downgrading to 11.5 (in fact, ctrtransfer with a proper image is the most reliable way to downgrade... and the only possible one on 11.0+ without CFW); or you can create your own 11.6 image using the working 11.6 console

(Since ctrtransfer is mainly intended for A9LH/B9S users, it will not install the 11.5 kernel in the kernel partitions; you may be able to do that manually afterwards in GM9, or maybe 11.5 will boot fine with the 11.6 one anyway) -- @d0k3 will know :)
So I just take an 11.5 JPN ctrtransfer image and install it on 11.6U?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1