I have a Japanease and Taiwan card

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by knocturnal, Mar 11, 2007.

Mar 11, 2007
  1. knocturnal
    OP

Member knocturnal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've run into no problems at all with either one (both purchased from the same website about one week apart before I knew there was supposed to be a difference between the two). Is Castlevania the only game that has problems with the Taiwan Kingston. The Japan Kingston was the first one I purchased and that's the one I've always had Castlevania POR on. I mainly keep puzzle and sport like games on the taiwan model (pricne of tennis, Unou no Tatsuhin! Soukai! Machigai Museum 1,Unou no Tatsuhin! Soukai! Machigai Museum 2) with a few standard games (like Jet Impulse, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rub Rabbits, Sonic Rush, dragon Quest Rocket Slime etc) with no problems at all.

Is it really worth sending the Taiwain model back in if POR is the only game that is screwed up with it

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    PoR is the only game that absolutely requires a fast card. You've already got a Japanese Kingston, so even if more games come along that need a fast card, you're set.

Nearly every other game should run perfectly on the Taiwanese card. I say don't waste your time returning it unless you need to for some reason.

3. knocturnal
    OP

Member knocturnal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've always wondered since hearing about the problem, why is Castlevania the only game that has the problem?

4. Destructobot

United States
    My guess is shoddy programming, as it even happens on some of the genuine PoR carts.

5. kirra

Member kirra GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Doesn't Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam have this problem too?

6. stonefry

Member stonefry GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It is a different problem. PoR freezes up. Downhill Jam just has slowdown, especially in 4 person races.

-stonefry

7. Destructobot

United States
    The Downhill Jam slowdown is not fixed by a fast SD card BTW.