i have a few questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by diego71102244, Feb 4, 2010.

Feb 4, 2010

i have a few questions by diego71102244 at 1:53 AM (567 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. diego71102244
    OP

Newcomer diego71102244 Member

Spain
    hi guys, like the topic say i have some doubts about playing pal games on my wii ntsc.

first of all, i have firmware 4.2 cIOS38 rev14 waninkokos, and i play my games throught usb with usbloader gx.

well i have recently played a pal game(dbz bt2), before playing it i used wii brickblocker to block updates and regionfrii, the game was playing in black and white so i decided to quit the game and get back to the wii menu, and then suddenly after pressing wii menu button, i got a black screen with the "no signal" message on my T.V the wii was on with the green light(i thought i was totally screwed), then i restarted the wii and everything seems to be fine.

couple questions.

1)is there some chance to brick my wii playing pal games? because i dont have bootmi as boot2 cause i can´t. and i heard that priiloader doesnt work with black bricks, and i dont want to put my wii in risk just because one game.

2) if the answer for the question above is "no" then, how do i get rid of the black and white screen and play the game normally with usbloader gx?

thanks. [​IMG]

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Try forcing NTSC with your loader. And no, playing in the wrong video mode can't brick you. And since you removed the update partition there's no possibility of a region bricking.

3. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    that should do it!

4. harmor

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    To my knowledge an out-of-region game can brick your Wii if you do not disable disc updates.
    You can disable disc updates via Priiloader so I don't think brickblocker is needed.

To play PAL game on an NTSC you will need to force the game to run in NTSC. You can do this via USB Loader "Game Load" options.
    Your TV has to support PAL format otherwise the video forcing will not work.

Edit: I guess I took too long to write this. No one else posted when I started writing.

5. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Also, if you're loading games from USB there is no need to use BrickBlocker or RegionFrii since USB loaders ignore the update partition and can set the game region themselves.

6. diego71102244
    OP

Newcomer diego71102244 Member

Spain
    ok i got it, thanks guys....... [​IMG]