I have a few questions before I mod my PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by icefox2, Jul 8, 2008.

Jul 8, 2008
  1. icefox2
    OP

Newcomer icefox2 Advanced Member

Canada
    1. What is the best place to buy Pandora's battery? (cheap price, fast shipping etc) And also which one should I get the original or slim battery if I am going to get a PSP slim (I'm assuming slim).

2. What is the current best release of custom firmware and can I update it later as mentioned in Legion's guide without any problems?

3. If I brick my PSP by accident along the way with Pandora's battery be able to restore it?

And lastly what size memory card should I get if I want to run homebrew apps as well as emulators and ps1 games is 512MB fine as mentioned in the guide?

Thanks in advance.

2. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Um...ok.
    1.dealextreme.com there like 10 bucks.Get one for phat.
    2.if your getting a slim um either 390 or 4.00 m33.
    3.yes.
    4.Get a 1Gb or 2Gb.

3. Shyn

Member Shyn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would recommend a 4gb card, ps1 games can get big if you are doing multidisk games as a single file.

Also, use Legion's guide to learn about the things you are doing, but for the process of creating your magic memory stick, use one of the easy installers such as PSPGrader or TotalNewbi (refer to the other sticky).

4. Primworm

Member Primworm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you arent afraid of doing it, just order a used battery from gamefunk through amazon. It costs like 5$ and works fine for turning it into a pandora, quite easy. the hardest part for me was getting the damn case open. God damn corners...

5. solange82200

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I agree with Shyn, read the Legion guide for the details and to learn more about the process, but when it comes time to actually do the modding, use PSPGrader (using Ediblebird's guide in the stickies). It should change your firmware to 3.90 m33, and later on you can upgrade to 4.01 M33-2 if you want.