I have a few questions about Wii Hacking..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wildfire95, Aug 30, 2010.

Aug 30, 2010
  1. wildfire95
    OP

Member wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I softmodded my Wii a few months ago.. but I have been out of the loop for a few months, and have some questions that have been worrying me -

1. All my backups only burn at 6x speed using ImgBurn, I suspect this is a limitation of the optical drive itself.. is there a way to force it to burn slowly?
    2. Which are the main IOS's used for loading WiiWare and retail games? Is there a way to check which of my current IOS's are patched?
    3. Is BootMii still the best brick protection? I have it on Boot2.. is there any other tips I can use to stop a brick from occurring?
    4. I don't have cIOSCorp, since I use Neogamma mainly for my backup loading. But is it worth having it? What are the risks involved?

Thanks a ton,
    WiLDFiRE.

2. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If your backup work without problem no need to burn them slower ... you could choose speed in IMGburn

All wiiware and game use their IOS there are many IOS use ... 36,37,38,55,56,57 etc ...

You don't really need cioscorp except for loading for disk channel but if you use neogamma no need cioscorp. It's better to keep your IOS unpatch except 41 and 36

IOS41 use use to save your ass if you upgrade to 4.3 before update HBC to 1.08

And finally yes bootmii as boot2 is the safer way to protect you again brick

I also use priiloader 0.5 for the hack provide ex: block disk and online update

3. wildfire95
    OP

Member wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    So is it possible to run priiloader and bootmii side by side?

4. thebigboss14

Member thebigboss14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, it ben a while but you could keep track of what going on by looking over the forums.

1. Well, it all depends on your drive.. The newest drives won't because of how the hardware is configured so I guest it wont be possible if you have a new burner. I recommend you get a cheap DVD burner with the whole range of speeds you can choose from.

2. In term of IOS's depends on the games but I not sure of what are the main ones but with Hermes and Wninkokos cIOS you will be find. I also recommend to go to filetripe and look for Pimp My Wii 2.02 to keep your Wii Updated and with the latest fixes. It really easy, automatic and convenient. You should check it out. BTW you could also follow the complete softmod guide here: Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & Belowto get a few tips about what you should have and do to play your games.

3. If you have BootMii in Boot2 dude you are in great shape because that's the best protection but you could also use Priiloader to complement BootMii and have the perfect protection bundle.. Priiloader has good menu hacks which are very useful if you want to maintain your Wii hacked so you should really check it out in the softmod guide above.

4.Personally, I don't use cIOSCorp so not sure what to tell you about it. What I know is that it lets you play games trough the disc channel without the need of cIOS.... It is advertise that it could brick your Wii easily but since you have BootMii in boot2 you won't have to worry much about it. Note: you can't use cIOSCorp for USB Loading so that's a tip to keep in mind. It depends on your need and wants so you decide what you like.

PS:
    I will totally recommend you to see the guide because its now updated and you can get more info if you need and just decide upon your needs.