Hacking I have a few questions about the Wii hack "Bannerbomb"

NintendoJunkie85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm seriously thinking about hacking my Wii using Bannerbomb, but I have a few questions...
1. If I do this, will it brick my Wii and can I still recieve updates from Nintendo?
2. If I tried to update through Nintendo, will it brick my Wii?
3. Will I need to update the Homebrew Channel?
4. My Wii serial is LU33xxxxxxx. Will I be able to hack my Wii?
5. Will I be able to run emulators like for a NES, SNES, GBA, Sega Genesis, etc.
6. My firmware is 4.2U. Can I hack my Wii?
7. if console emulation is possible, will I be able to save the games onto the Wii or DS card?

I would greatly appreciate some feedback on these questions, so please reply ASAP!

Tha
yaywii.gif
nks!

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
If you already have the homebrew channel, you don't need to run bannerbomb. It is basically just a way to initially run some homebrew - like the twilight hack was back in the day.

If you do already have the HBC - you can already run emulators from your SD card.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. If I do this, will it brick my Wii and can I still recieve updates from Nintendo?
There is always a chance you'll brick your Wii. Just follw the guide carefully and you'll be fine.

I can't answer.

You don't need to but it's recommended.

Yes. You can also install BootMii as boot2. (boot2 = best brick protection)

5. Will I be able to run emulators like for a NES, SNES, GBA, Sega Genesis, etc.
Yes.

Yes.

7. if console emulation is possible, will I be able to save the games onto the Wii or DS card?
You can game states anywhere in the game (Why I love emulators). It saves to the SD card.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
(Click on Show Spoiler) You will need to email [email protected] to get the ZIP file. It's an auto-responding email.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just another idiot that cant read but can somehow type. All these questions could have been answered by a simple search and some research, yet something inside you made you start a new thread. I seriously hope you do brick your wii. Ive never wanted anything more than this

NintendoJunkie85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
closedeyes.gif
Thank you to everyone who was kind enough to help me understand this better. Also, to my hater... Instead of helping someone who needed it, you choose to insult them. I'm sure the word "maturity" can't be found in your vocabulary. One more question, if you don't mind... So you're saying that I only need the HBC from the bannerbomb and that's it? Also, by just installing the HBC there's a chance of brickage? Lastly, the HBC doesn't modify the firmware? Thanks.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NintendoJunkie85 said:
closedeyes.gif
Thank you to everyone who was kind enough to help me understand this better. Also, to my hater... Instead of helping someone who needed it, you choose to insult them. I'm sure the word "maturity" can't be found in your vocabulary.

Unfortunately, many people will use the lameass, poor excuse of "This is teh interwebz, gtfo". IF I'd've seen this sooner, I may have helped. Some people just like to act like complete dicks online. Dunno why.
unsure.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
There is always a chance you'll brick your Wii. Just follw the guide carefully and you'll be fine.

I can't answer.

You don't need to but it's recommended.

Yes. You can also install BootMii as boot2. (boot2 = best brick protection)

Yes.

Yes.

You can game states anywhere in the game (Why I love emulators). It saves to the SD card.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
(Click on Show Spoiler) You will need to email [email protected] to get the ZIP file. It's an auto-responding email.

It's [email protected]

Also, it's not guaranteed that that wii will be able to install bootmii to boot2. Just because the serial number is below LU64 doesn't really mean anything anymore. There's Wii's with serial numbers above LU64 that are not boot2v4 Wii's and Wii's that are below LU64 that are boot2v4 Wii's. If you bought the Wii before mid 2008ish then you have a pretty good chance of having a Wii capable of installing bootmii to boot2, otherwise there's not really much easier of a way to know than just running the hackmii installer through bannerbomb and seeing if it tells you that you can install bootmii to boot2.

Anyways you don't seem to really have any idea about what you're doing, so instead of suggesting to just follow xzxero's guide blindly you should first read either my guide or the completesoftmodguide. Whatever it takes for you to get some idea about what you're doing before you actually do anything. Once you have a better understanding of things, then you can just use xzxero's guide as it has things compiled for you already in an easy way to follow.

Also, once you do this I would suggest to you to not update your Wii anymore, turn off WiiConnect24 if you still use that for some reason, and I also recommend getting priiloader once you're done at the point suggested in the guides and enabling hacks to block disc updates and online updates and such. (also don't just enable every hack in the list). If there is some new update that comes out, you can browse around here for a bit and see what it does, if it does anything useful, and use whatever methods come up to manually update whats necessary if need be through homebrew.

The last update to 4.2 did absolutely nothing beneficial. It's sole purpose was just removing any homebrew that was on any Wii. If there's another update like that, you don't need to bother updating at all if you don't want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol