Hacking I have a favour to ask...

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, here is where I stand... I'm wanting to use the Panasonic SD Formatter. I have access to a Mac (which can't run exe files) and a Windows Vista, neither of which I have administrator privileges. So, what I'm asking is if anyone can download the installer, install it (I'm sure many people on this forum already have it installed) and put the installed files on a rar or a zip. The Guest account on the Vista won't let me "install" things, but someone else can do it for me.

So, if someone can put the installed files into a rar/zip and put it on Rapidshare or anything similar, it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT - My bad.. im most likely in the wrong section... Please move to appropriate section
smile.gif

NightWalker186

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey bro, That computer you have that runs Vista. you only have access to the guest account, right? Is that your family's personal computer? and if so. When you start the computer up, start pressing F8 right when it boots and all through loading until you come to a black screen asking how you want to boot the computer, pick Safe mode w/ Networking and you should be able to install the program yourself.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
NightWalker186 said:
Hey bro, That computer you have that runs Vista. you only have access to the guest account, right? Is that your family's personal computer? and if so. When you start the computer up, start pressing F8 right when it boots and all through loading until you come to a black screen asking how you want to boot the computer, pick Safe mode w/ Networking and you should be able to install the program yourself.

Pretty much. It's my dad's, and he thinks I'll mess around with various settings and so forth, so he leaves me with the guest account. Safe Mode never actually occurred to me, because I've never used it before (but I have known that it's there). How does it work? If I go into Safe Mode, why am I all of a sudden able to install programs? And once I shut down, will it boot up in Safe Mode by default, or do I still have to hit F8 next time I turn it on?

NightWalker186

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Safe mode is simply a way of booting the computer where NOTHING runs in the back ground when it comes on. Mostly computer techs use it to trouble shoot things and it helps alot when removing virus's because they're not allowed to run. altho most of them nowwa days seem to find a way too anyhow. but once you shut down the computer and restart. everything will boot like normal unless you do hit F8 again.

You'll see what i'm talking about once you do it. But make sure you do safemode with networking so that you can get on the net and download that prog. you wanna tinker around with. go ahead bro. give it a wack
smile.gif

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Windows Vista refuses to log me in when booted in Safe Mode. It just comes up with an error message, and takes me back to the log-on screen every time I hit the Guest account.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
*bump*

Could someone please upload the program to a file sharing site? It would be much appreciated.

D

Deleted User

Well,

I'm not sure it would work like that considering installing programs usually means it writes data to the registry.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
Well,

I'm not sure it would work like that considering installing programs usually means it writes data to the registry.

Are you sure it won't work? Because I've previously installed games like Halo, among other programs, on another computer, put them on a USB, and then used the programs in other computers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat