I have a DSTT coming in the mail and I'd like to get all the stuff

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Lurunar, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Lurunar
    OP

Newcomer Lurunar Member

United States
    Hello, my DSTT should be on my doorstep within the next week, and I want to get everything set up for when it gets here. I have the Micro SD card already, so I can start piling the stuff into it for when it gets here. So I need the following things:

An NES Emulator

An SNES Emulator

Moonshell

And the roms (I won't ask you where to get those)

Now I was hoping someone could link me to where I get the three things listed above for the DSTT. Also, do I need to change the rom file extensions or anything? Should I make folders on my Micro SD and put the NES stuff, SNES stuff, and DS stuff in individual folders or should I just leave everything loose on the SD card? If someone could help a noob to this sort of thing setting it up for the first time and give any tips, I would appreciate it more than you can imagine. [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    This information has been posted elsewhere on the forum, but here's a quick synopsis. Format your microSD card. If it's under 4MB, you can format in FAT16. Download the newest firmware for the DSTT (version 1.08) from the download section here. Unzip it and place the TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU folder (with its contents) on the top level (root) of your microSD card. Make a folder on the root called "games" (or whatever name you want) and put your .nds files in it. You can create as many folders as you want to organize your files (games, homebrew, gba, etc.). Make sure you use the "safely remove hardware" option to remove your microSD card.

You can find information about NES and SNES emulators on this thread. Download them and place them on your microSD card. You can get moonshell here.

-Bri

3. Lurunar
    OP

Newcomer Lurunar Member

United States
    Thanks a lot, I read the sticky but I honestly didn't find it to be too helpful. I'm still rather confused as to how I put moonshell on my SD card; after I extract it, what files should I put on my card? Thanks in advance.

4. Bri

United States
    The easiest way to do moonshell is to grab the version that is already set up for the DSTT on the DSTT home page. You can get it from this page under "DIY Software". Download and unzip, copy moonshl folder and moonshl.nds file to the root of your microSD card. That's it!

-Bri

5. Aygen

Newcomer Aygen Member

United States
    Regarding NES Emulator, I wouldn't bother unless you're fine without sound. I've yet to find one that does sound as well. SNES you're fine. There's a couple out there that work perfectly; I use SNEmulDS

6. Bri

United States
    Have you tried nesDS? As far as I know, it has sound and near-perfect NES emulation.

-Bri

7. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Yeah, nesDS is the best emulator.

8. jann0519

Newcomer jann0519 Newbie

Canada
    Hello, im new with this thing. When you said, Unzip it and place the TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU folder (with its contents) on the top level (root) of your microSD card.. i didnt quite get the root part. how do i unzip TTMENU on root? please advise. i would appreciate it.

thanks,
    jann

9. Bri

United States
    jann,

The root is just the top level of your microSD card (as opposed to a sub-folder). Unzip the firmware on your PC, then copy the file TTMENU.DAT and folder TTMENU to your microSD card. By the way, there is now a newer version of the firmware here.

-Bri

10. Goukenslay

Newcomer Goukenslay Member

Canada
    for formatting my micro SD, it's a 4GB so should i format it, what does formatting do?

11. carrots

Newcomer carrots Member

United States
    Necromancy! Just use panasonic formater at the default and do a full format

12. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Really worth the bump? Wasted bump was wasted.

13. palasx

Newcomer palasx Advanced Member

United States
    wow, was this really resurrected form 2008? I like it when old topics get all 1st pagey again. good job little guy, good job!