I have a DSTT, but I want to obtain a better card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by adrian2040, Sep 28, 2008.

1. adrian2040
    OP

Member adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Peru
    Right now I have a DSTT and I'm happy with it. However, my DSTT had in the past some contact issues and it can't play a certain homebrew I want to play. I'm thinking of buying a new flash cart.

Right now the cards I can buy at a near store are EDGE and N5. Also, I want a CycloDS, Evolution but they don't sell them in here.

I would like to know if upgrading to one of these three cards is recommended. Wii to DS connection is preferable. If the CycloDS Evolution is really worth it, I would like if you could tell me an online store where they sell them (A reliable site where they ship to Peru [South America] as cheap as possible.).

Thank you in advance.

2. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    hey from what i read on this forum, N5 is an R4 DS clone that can POSSIBLY brick a ds lite, and EDGE is a CycloDS clone, so it really is your decision. just seeing if i can help

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I'd get the EDGE, since the N5 isn't worth getting, and COULD kill the DS, by blowing the fuse. EDGE, on the other hand, has a similar interface, compared to the Cyclo, and the only thing missing are the features, such as RTS, RTG, etc.

4. SkyintheSea

Member SkyintheSea GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can the Edge support DS to Wii connection like the Cyclo DS? J/w!

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    DSTT is a pretty good card. Top 3 for sure.

6. seedvt

Member seedvt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Go for the EDGE for sure, or a SuperCard DS One if you want the Real Time Saving.

7. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    I hear SuperCard DS One is better then CycloDS Evolution compared by price.
    DealExtreme ships everywhere don't they?

8. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Well, for a Supercard DSOne, if you don't mind

1. Slow GUI
    2. Ugly looking cheat, and RTG screen
    3. cheats that get cut off, so you can't even fully see what cheats they are.

those major three issues, then with great features, it'll be fine.

Also, yes, DealExtreme does ship worldwide.

9. lurbi

Member lurbi GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Top 3 ?????? DSTT ???

OK, we have all our own measures of a good cart.
    DSTT is for me far away from that position.

Anyways ... it is not bad.
    Definitely do NOT get a N5 it is worse than your current cart, and can kill your DS.

I would not get an EDGE either, it is not much better than the cart you already have.

Get a CycloDS if you do not mind the price, or get a Supercard DS1 (if you do not mind the slow GUI) or get an EZFlash V+ or an Acekard2.

Read the reviews on GBATemp for more infos on those carts.

10. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    I hate that the most on the SCD1! They make the cheats for it so why cut them off!?!

11. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The CycloDS is a good flash cart, but expensive. The Acekard 2 has one of the best menu systems of any flash cart, and is now only $12.99 at dealextreme. The Edge and SCDS1 are also decent choices. All are better than the DSTT.

-Bri

12. shansoft

Member shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dont really agree Acekard 2 have the best menu....

also, M3 Real will be a good choice to pick on, with Sakura Firmware it really kicks in but poor homebrew support..
    with Triple Loader, it can handle almost all (not that I known of that doesnt work) homebrew software on it...

The RTS also just implement to M3 Real...so yeah... M3 Real would be a choice to pick from DealExtreme ...

13. Syncr

Newcomer Syncr Member

United States
    [​IMG] i got a dstt also
    i would go for the supercard

14. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    I would ditto what bri said. The AK2.1 (w/ AKAIO) has the slickest gui, nice features, and really can't bee beat at 13$.

15. Bri

United States
    I didn't say it had the best. Whether or not the Acekard 2 has the best menu of any flash cart is obviously a matter of opinion, which is why I said "one of the best." However, I prefer The Acekard AIO menu to M3 Sakura.

-Bri

16. shansoft

United States
    just in m opinion, SCDS One have better GUI looking than Acekard, I had own both of them bot gave to friends..
    And M3 Sakura I can say it have best GUI right now, although the original firmware does look bad...
    especially on video playing, Sakura also have the most powerful frame search. The only bad part about it is it lack of homebrew support.
    thats about it... but it can be done under triple loader with iTouch Menu which is high homebrew support firmware.
    For gaming the original firmware now have RTS support... also Hope the M3 Team will not break their promise for releasing the Sakura firmware officially

bottomeline, its not that Acekard is bad or anything, for its price it is good, but just for the GUI and the look of it, SCDS One will be on the top of Acekard in my opinion, of course you need to use the optimize setting for SCDS one...else the GUI will be extremely slow...

I have tried most of the popular flashcart in the market, beside cycloDS, which have high price tag and hard to get (not selling in dealextreme).
    the flashcart have satisfy me the most is M3 Real, not just cuz the look of Sakura firmware, but the compatibility of it have a really good potential overall.

but for the low price, Acekard would be a good choice. For long term support, I would have choose SCDS One, due to it still updating their old school flashcart o.O+

17. Bri

United States
    I use homebrew a lot more than I play videos on my DS, so that might explain our difference of opinion on that matter.

-Bri

18. shansoft

United States
    have you try to optimize your SCDS One settings? there are several thread about this before and teach you how to make your menu fast as others, if you havent try it, try it....
    it will definitely make you consider SCDS One once again.....

well, maybe our opinion at looking thins are different, but most people who really try out Sakura the really loves it over other card's GUI...

also, about the homebrew support... you just need to use the triple loader, so it can boot any firmware you want in M3, such as iTouch, M3 Real, M3 Sakura....more likely to have 100% homebrew support

and also the m3 Real just recently add in the Real Time Save function, soon other will be implement.

overall, m3 real doesn't just bring you the sexy Sakura GUI, but it also can have multiple options with different firmware while using Triple Firmware Loader to exceed your needs.

but for people who having a low budget, Acekard 2 is a good choice, a little bit more budget I would suggest SCDS One for their long term support and clean history, functions are essentially the same these days...

19. Bri

United States
    I don't have a SCDS1, so I'm basing my opinion on many posts on this forum from SCDS1 owners who describe the SCDS1 menu as "sluggish." There are also other problems with the SCDS1 reported by its owners, including the fact that many of its features are buggy or only half-implemented. There are a lot of complaints about the cheat menu as well. I personally wouldn't consider the SCDS1 not only because of the sluggishness, but its menu system is more complicated than other carts. However, those who find the extra features like RTS to be worth the drawbacks should certainly consider the SCDS1. It's certainly one of the carts I see most recommended (along with the Acekard 2, Edge, and CycloDS) and therefore definitely worth considering, particularly for people who are really keen on the RTS feature.

I know a lot of people really like Sakura, but after using both I much prefer the AK2 menu. That, along with other shortcomings of M3 Sakura, make it hard for me to recommend the M3 over the AK2 particularly considering the difference in price. Maybe when all these planned changes are actually implemented I might change my mind, but I often read about planned changes for various carts that don't actually happen so I wouldn't base a purchasing decision on a possible future change.

-Bri