Homebrew i have a custom theme on 9.5 and you can too... if you really want.

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to feel stupid if everybody already knew this, but from what i have read nobody has really mentioned it. so ya, to alot of you this video is going to be pretty much pointless but its worth noting i think.... cause i didnt know at least.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm fairly sure you could of installed the themes, backed up your themecache extdata from your SD card after installing each one, then I think you could of switched between themes freely on 9.5 by replacing the theme cache extdata, not tried it myself, but it *should* work I would imagine....or you could of downgraded, use the mt launcher, have a play about on eshop, then restore your 9.2 backup when you wanted to go back to legit 9.2

Or you could of had a hardware mod installed, so many options for people to help homebrew and access eshop still :P

Perfect_Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly sure you could of installed the themes, backed up your themecache extdata from your SD card after installing each one, then I think you could of switched between themes freely on 9.5 by replacing the theme cache extdata, not tried it myself, but it *should* work I would imagine....or you could of downgraded, use the mt launcher, have a play about on eshop, then restore your 9.2 backup when you wanted to go back to legit 9.2

Or you could of had a hardware mod installed, so many options for people to help homebrew and access eshop still :P

I thought you couldn't downgrade on 9.5?

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly im not a fan of playing hot potato with my system firmware, i have another 3ds that i can do that with. the most important thing to me was transfering to the new 3ds and for that this was my only option. if the mods want to delete this thread be my guest. i made this thread and video for you guys and nobody seems to like it. i figured you guys would be smart enough to know that "...if you really want" means compromise.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
honestly im not a fan of playing hot potato with my system firmware, i have another 3ds that i can do that with. the most important thing to me was transfering to the new 3ds and for that this was my only option. if the mods want to delete this thread be my guest. i made this thread and video for you guys and nobody seems to like it. i figured you guys would be smart enough to know that "...if you really want" means compromise.
Don't be butthurt. It is a neat trick.

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Probably would've been better if the post was titled: Custom themes carry over to 9.5 after upgrade.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
im going to feel stupid if everybody already knew this, but from what i have read nobody has really mentioned it. so ya, to alot of you this video is going to be pretty much pointless but its worth noting i think.... cause i didnt know at least.

So, tell me how did you do that!
I don't have gateway card, 4.5 or 9.2 firmware 3ds. Only I have a 9.5 3DS XL!

Thank you

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Februarysn0w

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting idea about doing a backup of your extdata on the sd card and then keeping a copy around to have a custom theme on all firmwares going forward, if I understood that right anyway. Seems like it would work...

Reactions: Februarysn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?