Hacking I have a couple of questions about the dsi downgrade method

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I have a n3ds that I want to downgrade and a o3ds with luma CFW (No Al9h)
Can I do it with this?
Also when I transfer the gane from the emunand to my n3ds is the emunand going to be wiped? As well as my n3ds?

D

Deleted User

yeah you can it says

What you need
  • Two 3DS systems
    • 3DS #1: the 3DS running some kind of custom firmware (arm9loaderhax or some form of EmuNAND/RedNAND)
    • 3DS #2: the 3DS on stock firmware

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah you can it says
What you need
  • Two 3DS systems
    • 3DS #1: the 3DS running some kind of custom firmware (arm9loaderhax or some form of EmuNAND/RedNAND)
    • 3DS #2: the 3DS on stock firmware
Yeah, but the guide says its for a9lh users

D

Deleted User

or some form of emunand or rednand
(i think that mean you don't need a9lh)

D

Deleted User

Yeah, but the guide says its for a9lh users
i have basically ignored half the guide because you apparently you need sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin
If you do not have sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin on your computer from Part 5 already, do the following:

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, looks like its going to be wiped. Is there a way how I can save my VC games as well as my games I bought?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have basically ignored half the guide because you apparently you need sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin
If you do not have sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin on your computer from Part 5 already, do the following:
Well, I never did anything with al9h so I don't have it

D

Deleted User

Well, looks like its going to be wiped. Is there a way how I can save my VC games as well as my games I bought?

I don't have a9lh so i don't have a lot of experience with it but i have a vague idea that you might need a9lh

Last edited by ,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Are your games on the o3DS or the n3DS? The stuff on the o3DS isn't lost, only moved to the n3DS, you can't transfer it back though since n3DS can't transfer to o3DS. If you want to keep what you have on the o3DS then backup your emuNAND, make a new one and do the whole dsiwarehax thing and transfer it to the n3DS. You shouldn't lose any purchased content but might lose the saves and downloads you have on the n3DS. It's a lot easier if you don't have a NNID set up on the target system, then it should be able to merge the contents of the two consoles minus certain things.

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are your games on the o3DS or the n3DS? The stuff on the o3DS isn't lost, only moved to the n3DS, you can't transfer it back though since n3DS can't transfer to o3DS. If you want to keep what you have on the o3DS then backup your emuNAND, make a new one and do the whole dsiwarehax thing and transfer it to the n3DS. You shouldn't lose any purchased content but might lose the saves and downloads you have on the n3DS. It's a lot easier if you don't have a NNID set up on the target system, then it should be able to merge the contents of the two consoles minus certain things.
Well my n3ds (The system I want to downgrade) has a nnid. But the o3ds doesn't. So i'll lose everything on the o3ds emunand? How do make another one?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well my n3ds (The system I want to downgrade) has a nnid. But the o3ds doesn't. So i'll lose everything on the o3ds emunand? How do make another one?
The NNID on the target system along with everything linked to it will probably be temporarily lost, you should be able to log back into that NNID later on to retrieve the purchased content on it however save data will most likely be lost so back it up with svdt first.
You make another one the same way you made the first one...
Back it up first with emuNAND9 then format emunand again.

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The NNID on the target system along with everything linked to it will probably be temporarily lost, you should be able to log back into that NNID later on to retrieve the purchased content on it however save data will most likely be lost so back it up with svdt first.
You make another one the same way you made the first one...
Back it up first with emuNAND9 then format emunand again.
So I'll back it up, then make a new one do the whole thing, delete it, and then load the old one?

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why? The o3ds has no nnid on it

Also, by any chance do you know how I open hourglass 9 start doesn't work for some reason
Because if your NANDs were linked before you formatted emuNAND then the transfer will still delete everything off your emuNAND, and even if they aren't it'll still delete everything off your sysNAND unless you unlink.

I thought you said you didn't have A9LH? AFAIK Luma's payload chainloading only works with A9LH.

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because if your NANDs were linked before you formatted emuNAND then the transfer will still delete everything off your emuNAND, and even if they aren't it'll still delete everything off your sysNAND unless you unlink.

I thought you said you didn't have A9LH? AFAIK Luma's payload chainloading only works with A9LH.
Is there a cia/3dsx version? The guide says press start to boot into Hourglass9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.