Hacking I have a broken Sd Card Slot on my Wii...

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been broken for a while now, is there anyway I can load brawl+ or even project m from my usb without having it looking for an sd card that won't be recognized?
I haven't played in ages and CANNOT STAND TO PLAY VANILLA BRAWL ANYMORE!

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could repair your sd card slot for you.

As for a software solution, sorry that is not my area of expertise.
REALLY!?!?
but how much and I would need compensation/something of as much value as my Wii because...I DON'T KNOW YOU! How can I trust you?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

REALLY!?!?
but how much and I would need compensation/something of as much value as my Wii because...I DON'T KNOW YOU! How can I trust you?
he is deadlyfoez, you can trust him.

Reactions: 2 people

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I will be really nice and say that my labor cost will be $30, and that will include the parts if needed. You must still pay for the shipping.

Everyone on this forum knows me. I have fixed hundreds of bricked wii's from all over the world. Everyone know that they can trust me, and I'm sure that if you wait long enough then enough people will come in and vouch for me.

EDIT: Thank you mauifrog.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

REALLY!?!?
he is deadlyfoez, you can trust him.
I feel like I'm missing an opportunity for a joke, but I just can't think of it. :unsure:

But ditto on trusting Foez.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
fine...how much we talkin tho?
I will be really nice and say that my labor cost will be $30, and that will include the parts if needed. You must still pay for the shipping.
Shipping is usual about $10.70 per way, but I've even had one person send me a wii via USPS's flat rate priority flat rate shipping boxes for a little over $5 per way.

If you have any more questions then just send me a PM and we can talk about it there.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've been on the Wii scene but not on GBAtemp, I can understand why you can't trust Foez.

But since you have 231 other posts, I bet that you know him but *SHAME ON YOU* don't trust him.

Or, maybe you trolled others 231 times.

J/K everything I just said except the first line :D

Sharkbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to hijack a topic but I have a similar problem. my sd card reader is broken. I posted in the wii hardware mod section and here is my quote

"I did a case mod 6 months ago and somehow it messed up my sd card. It broke the spring in the sd card so the card never read again and wouldn't click into place. I took it apart again to work on it but ended up messing it up worse in the long run. For a while I was able to read sd cards but I wasn't able to copy data to and from it cause it said it was write protected. So the metal piece got messed up and then I followed a guide online to fix that write protection. I turned on the wii after putting the whole thing back together but then It said there was always an sd card in there. I figured it would do that but now it doesn't work at all. So I am asking if anyone has experience with fixing hardware problems with wiis or sd card readers. I need to completely desolder the sd card reader and replace it with a new one. I've done hardmods and repairs on stuff before such as PS2s, dvd players, n64, NES, stereos, and other electronics, but I've never seen something so small yet so complex like the wii that also had so many screws to take out. Can someone help me out please?"

Hey DeadlyFoez, I was wondering if you can fix my sd card reader. It needs to be desoldered completely and replaced with a complete new one. I'm willing to pay ya good with paypal or whatever you can accept that I got.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread