Hacking I have a bricked wii- Is this unbrickable?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
4.3J is SM version 512

4.3K is SM version 518

When u loaded up your Kor disc on your partially region changed wii, it saw there was an update (from 512 to 518).

I'm not sure that this solution would have worked if the regions were reversed (I E. If u were semi bricked on 518, it would not have detected 512 as an update). Consider yourself lucky. Make sure u have a nand backup, priiloader, etc, use modmii again if it helps, it's totally safe to repeat steps
I agree with this @XFlak. The "updates" from the game discs mostly are only for add features to the Wii Menu, Wii console, and other channels. I updated emulated European Wii (using Dolphin Emulator xd) using Angry Birds Trilogy disc and I got Netflix and YouTube Channel download assistants.
Just a few of them can fix issues with the Wii Menu.
EDIT: @XFlak , You forgot to say the versions of the rest of the Wii Menus depending of the region.
Here's a list:
  • 4.3J (Japan / NTSC-J) = Wii System Menu v512
  • 4.3U (U.S.A. / NTSC-U) = Wii System Menu v513
  • 4.3E (Europe / PAL) = Wii System Menu v514
  • 4.3K (Korea / NTSC-K) = Wii System Menu v518
Greetings ;)

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: Alexander1970

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That's not fully accurate. Some games have updates on them that are required to play the game. So for example if you need IOS56 to play the game, and u dont have it installed, it will allow u to update using the disc for those with offline consoles, so that they can still play the purchased game. And system menu updates are a baked in part of that.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
That's not fully accurate. Some games have updates on them that are required to play the game. So for example if you need IOS56 to play the game, and u dont have it installed, it will allow u to update using the disc for those with offline consoles, so that they can still play the purchased game.
Oh right @XFlak, maybe that's the reason that the Wii had so maaaaaaany IOSes for run Wii games, but also VC and WiiWare games. I saw that the first VC / WiiWare games used IOS9 / IOS13 / IOS19. Later on the new VC / WiiWare releases it used IOS21 / IOS23 / IOS29 / IOS33 / IOS53 / IOS56.

Last edited by SaulFabre,

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
4.3J is SM version 512

4.3K is SM version 518

When u loaded up your Kor disc on your partially region changed wii, it saw there was an update (from 512 to 518).

I'm not sure that this solution would have worked if the regions were reversed (I E. If u were semi bricked on 518, it would not have detected 512 as an update). Consider yourself lucky. Make sure u have a nand backup, priiloader, etc, use modmii again if it helps, it's totally safe to repeat steps

Nice, I was wondering if you're still around here! good to see you again : - )

Your explanation seems like it's the case, I think I did see some reports in Korean communities about Super Mario Galaxy 2 fixing bricks, but not in foreign forums.

For now I restored my previous NAND backup, reinstalled BootMii and priiloader. I swear I will just delete Homebrew Channel and not do any weird things to this Wii from now on, I got a launch-day Wii with Boot2 BootMii after all.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
thats glitchy
lol welcome to my thread

So, as you can see here, my Wii had an access to Recovery Mode which led me to overwrite the SysMenu. You need ways to boot any kinds of user-level software just like this, which only SysMenu exclusively provides. Since your SysMenu is unaccessible, I seriously recommend you to get a new Wii since it will be extremely hard to repair that one.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello, I have a lots of words to say. Since my Nintendo Wii mini is on servise, and when it's coming back again, Can I still hack The homebrew channel on the Nintendo Wii mini?
https://wii.guide/bluebomb.html
Guide for hacking Wii Mini by using BlueBomb exploit (it requires a Linux PC or a Linux Live USB, i recommend using Ubuntu)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: