taking it to a whole new level.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been partly caught up in the psp scene in pandora's battery and similar hacks, but I'm still lost on some pages and never really followed along that much since it didn't concern me.
But now it does. I have a friend's psp which is bricked. He apparently was messing around with the flash0...

Anyways, I'm still reading up on stuff around pandora's battery but it'll be nice if members can help me out.
I have my psp which has cfw 3.71 m33 and my friend's psp which is bricked. I know there is a way to turn a normal phat battery into a pandora but I still cannot find the article to do that.

still reading.. anyone can help?

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no experience with it, but doesn't the readme included in the pandora download tell you how to? If not I'll try and find you some info from psp-hacks, I'm pretty sure they have the instructions posted somewhere...

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont think the pandora barrery will help much if he fu**ed up the flash files
frown.gif
did he ever back them up?

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=76186

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe you will need a Magic Memory Stick in addition to Pandora Battery(I'm not really sure about bricked PSP, but normally Pandora's battery doesn't work without a Magic Stick.

A good easy one I know is here
http://psp-maxconsole.blogspot.com/

I don't remember but I think this can also make a Pandora battery.
After setup, you'll have to hold L while powering on to boot the UPMS menu.

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
make sure you have:
-a memstick under 4gb/above 32mb to turn to a magic memstick (still can be used normally later)
-any sony's original psp battery (back up the eprom using the program, then you can flash it back to the battery to return it to normal)

get DA's program, Despertar del Cementerio v3 and follow its instructions to flash the bricked psp back to life!
yes it will fix the flash files since it install the custom firmware and overwrites 'em.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's because he hadn't updated to 3.71 M33-2 or M33-3. DAX found that there was a critical bug that bricked your PSP when you flashed more than 500kb (or something like that) in your flash0. There was a fast fix for that and was a .PRX file to put in your flash0.

Remember kids, before messing with your flash0, do a backup of your NAND and your idstorage keys!
lecture.gif

AlexElder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a messed up PSP. I think its TA-82 model. I can't remember, i just know it was one of those ones that are very risky to downgrade. I think it was a special pack PSP.

I downgraded it and put on custom firmware 3.52 a while back. The person who the psp belongs to then proceeded to update it when she put in a game to her psp a few weeks ago....

Is there anyway I can repair/flash/downgrade this psp? or is it being an TA-82 going to stop me from doing that?

the system still says its 1.50 firmware, but if you try to run anything it says i have to upgrade it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With a pandora battery, it doesn't matter what version of board or what firmware anymore it works on all of them.

If it's 1.50 then you can update it to a custom firmware. It probably is in fact a 1.50.

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I did a TA-82 for a friend of mine with a Pandora Battery and it went through a "Patching motherboard" step when I was downgrading to 1.50. It's not a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse