I have a 80s Nintendo Ceiling Fan

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by uberpubert69, Feb 2, 2013.

Feb 2, 2013
  1. uberpubert69
    OP

Member uberpubert69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Topic says it all. I'm thinking about selling it on ebay. How much do you think I could get out of it? rsz_1100_0640.jpg

Chary and raulpica like this.
  2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    That's actually debatable I'd think. I've never heard of these being made. Are you sure it was bought and actually has Nintendo's license on it? It looks like it's hand painted to be honest. If so.. well.. probably not a whole lot.

3. decemberchild

Newcomer decemberchild latecomer

United States
    It looks like about 40 bucks. Someone has one on ebay for 250, but no bids.

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    There appears to be some print on the sides of the blades - you can check that for any license info, right? ;)

I don't know if it's licensed or not - there appear to be some colour differences on the characters... But who knows? The U.S had a lot of Mario merch back in the day.

5. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I am not sure about what other people would pay for them but I would pay about 30$ to 40$ for them myself, if I had the money.

6. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Well it does say Nintendo of America on them.

But yeah, it's a legit item I've seen it before and while it's a collectors item it's not worth a lot, not even boxed ones. I'd say $50 give or take.

OP, do you have the lightbulb cover thing that's missing in the picture?

7. decemberchild

Newcomer decemberchild latecomer

United States
    Like I said and the person above me, I'd start the bid out at about 40 bucks and see where it goes. You probably shouldn't add free shipping as it will cost a good bit of money to ship that.

8. uberpubert69
    OP

United States
    It is a Nintendo product it has the copyright on the blades in tiny black print. I was told that very recently an auction with just the blades went for $200. But I have no proof of that, just hearsay. And no I don't have the light cover, I've had this since I can remember and I actually used it. I think the cover broke some years ago. I used to also have the Nintendo NES stand on wheels that had mario on the side of it. AVGN has it in one of his videos. I appreciate all your input.

9. Its_just_Lou

Member Its_just_Lou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I might need this....PM coming your way...

BTW - Yes, its authentic Big N product. One of my first girlfriends had it in her bedroom many years ago...ahhh, the memories....looked up at that fan, often..
    ;)

Also: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Nin...0172?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item589b2adf2c
    (When using E-Bay, always opt for 'completed listings'...BEST possible 'price guide' for actual, real-world pricing...toss those silly 'guides' and other crap in the trash...)

10. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i sold a nintendo sheet on ebay for $40 for just the sheet, you should probably try selling just the blades and offer to throw in the other piece for free if someone wants to pay extra for shipping.
    i'd think it's worth a lot, i'd give you $50+shipping for it right now.

11. Its_just_Lou

Member Its_just_Lou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was going to offer $75, to be perfectly honest, but I'd deffo opt for E-Bay...If you fluff-out well with nice pics and description, and your feedback is good, you should easily be able to pull $150-$200 for it.

Best of luck, op!

:grog:

uberpubert69 likes this.
  12. uberpubert69
    OP

United States
    I'm digging everyones feedback. I've previously known nobody that knew anything about this fan. I kinda would like to not go through ebay, as they are raping me out of money at the moment. Though if I can get 200 dollars out of it I might do it anyways...

13. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I would refain from using the word "rape" or any sort words with that as a root.

Anyways, i cant imagine this is worth ALL that much. Pawn Stars would say its one of a kind, and wouldnt let it slip out of their hands, then offer you 5 dollars.

EZ-Megaman and Eerpow like this.