Gaming I have a 40-50 dollar budget, what should I get?

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well... SX requires "extra steps" and "extra time" compared to just going to the eShop and buying the game... That's a thing.
True, but in that case we talk about more money.

10 games would cost me 400 euro. I rather spend 30 min and 40 euro which will save me 300 euro.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded ReiNX yesterday. Only had to drop the files on the SD and was able to install and run NSP files without any extra steps.
I have replaced all my XCI files with NSP files (every.single.one), no need for SXOS anymore.

So, yes. It is an alternative and unless you already have a huge .xci collection you want to use, you can instead go for ReiNX and get .nsp files instead.

Well, I only install NSP if game is less then 5GB and bigger games I rather have in XCI format.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

True, but with the same argument some people will rather spend 1 hour and 0 euro, just saying.
Well if you are working person then one hour is money aswel. Thats not all. After that 1 hour you have to keep your self updated of latest changes.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I only install NSP if game is less then 5GB and bigger games I rather have in XCI format.

I can see that your whole argument was apparently based on your personal preferences. That's a subjective thing, then.
Objectively, ReiNX is comparable to SXOS and a free, viable alternative for about - my guess - 90% of people.

Reactions: Pluupy

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
why not spend 5 minutes and 0€ to save 300€

I think you forget the RCM Jigg and the payload. Jigg needs to be created/printed and payload needs to be send using phone or laptop. Which are more expensive then 40 buck in total.

I can see that your whole argument was apparently based on your personal preferences
I did not know you held survy for entire world and that now you are talking on behalf of everyone?

I believe the sales of SX OS tell us different story.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you forget the RCM Jigg and the payload. Jigg needs to be created/printed and payload needs to be send using phone or laptop. Which are more expensive then 40 buck in total.
I see, you're in full "i-need-to-justify-my-purchase-mode". That's fine, no one is trying to take away your thing. If you like it, you like it. But saying that free alterantives "do not match SXOS" is, for the purpose of the majority of potential users, not true. It's not factual, it's not objectively.

your argument has the following flaws:

1. With SX Pro, you have to wait days, no, weeks to receive your unit. That's even more time, isn't it?
2. Honestly ask yourself: if you had not purchased an SX Pro, would you have issues getting access to a smartphone or PC?
3. Jigs can be purchased for a few bucks (shipping time still applies) or you could just use a wire, safety pin or one of the other countless ways to short pin 10. None of these take more than 3 minutes, except for printing your own jig.

Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: Meriadoc and Pluupy

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see, you're in full "i-need-to-justify-my-purchase-mode"

1. With SX Pro, you have to wait days, no, weeks to receive your unit. That's even more time, isn't it?
2. Honestly ask yourself: if you had not purchased an SX Pro, would you have issues getting access to a smartphone or PC?
3. Jigs can be purchased for a few bucks (shipping time still applies) or you could just use a wire, safety pin or one of the other countless ways to short pin 10. None of these take more than 3 minutes, except for printing your own jig.

1. SX was the first that could play backups. Also, I did not wait literally for arrival of my SX Pro.
2. I am aware of the fact everyone has phone/laptop, but that does not change the fact that you need those things for "free alternatives".
3: More time and money.

Let us not mess this thread up. Sorry for this in the first place OP.

Last edited by lolboy,

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. SX was the first that could play backups. Also, I did not wait literally for my arrival.
2. I am aware of the fact everyone has phone/laptop, but that does not change the fact that you need those things for "free alternatives".
3: More time and money.

Let us not mess this thread up. Sorry for this in the first place OP.

If 5 Minutes of your time is really worth $40 that's fine, entirely your choice. I am sorry I have wasted your precious 15 minutes here, though ;). Just send me the invoice.

Objectively, it isn't worth that much for most people, and the target audience ("free gaems") is most likely wiling to invest 5 minutes to get their system up and running with a free alternative instead of investing $40 and wait for a few days for the device to ship.

Reactions: Pluupy and lolboy

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If 5 Minutes of your time is really worth $40 that's fine, entirely your choice. I am sorry I have wasted your precious 15 minutes here, though ;). Just send me the invoice.
This time it's free, just because making invoice and sending it will cost even more.:D

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me one that can play NSP and XCI without any extra steps.
ReiNX and RajNX both have native support for NSP files. They also support games converted from XCI to NSP. So, as I said earlier, SX OS is pointless when free alternatives exist.

Reactions: Pluupy

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i love how people say i have high taxes its 13% lol here everything but essential food has a tex of 23%...
With such a high sales tax, I hope your income tax is low, at least. Problem with high sales tax is that it penalizes the rich and the poor, equally. It basically forces the poor to only buy food, that's all they can afford. Income tax is fairer, as the more money you make, the more you pay. Of course, that's if we leave tax evasion out of the equation, which is something the rich enjoy doing.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
I can say for sure N++ is a fantastic game. If you want to try it before buying, the original version of the game is available online: http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html
Hey I have a question, the first N game feels really sluggish, like doing almost anything feels like my speed goes to 0. I thought the game was about being really smooth and feeling the flow of it. Does N++ have that? Am I just bad at the game? Or does it feel different than in other platformers.

Also as someone who has 95% games from freeshop, I know tools exist to pirate stuff. No need to make a full page about arguing, lol.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ReiNX and RajNX both have native support for NSP files. They also support games converted from XCI to NSP. So, as I said earlier, SX OS is pointless when free alternatives exist.
Except you have to fuck with a buggy fw and time consuming and inconvenient conversions, transfers, installs, blah blah blah.

I can walk to a bus stop and take a cheap ass almost free bus to somewhere close to where I wanna go then walk the rest of the way, but why would I when I can drive up in my lambo like a boss.

sxos ftw.

Reactions: lolboy

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, you're in full "i-need-to-justify-my-purchase-mode". That's fine, no one is trying to take away your thing. If you like it, you like it. But saying that free alterantives "do not match SXOS" is, for the purpose of the majority of potential users, not true. It's not factual, it's not objectively.

Dude, I tried to use tin foil. Between the trying to figure out the tin foil and getting the tin foil out of the Switch after it got stuck, that took hours. I did this on a Switch I knew was patched just to double check. It was very stressful. Don't use tin foil. get a jig.

If you don't want to pirate, why not just wait until you have saved up more so you can buy Octopath Traveler or whatever other big game you want?

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure, walking to china makes the airplane pointless aswel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel