I have a 3k3y having problems - should I downgrade to CFW 3.55 ?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Krammig, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Krammig
    OP

Krammig Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2011
    Hi, I have installed a 3k3y into my daughters PS3 Slim 2502A

The Blue lights do all the right things but I cannot get either normal legit discs to work or an ISO to work.

I really don't know if it is the BD playing up or some other issue. The BD used to work prior to installing the 3k3y.Now I insert a disc and it accesses around a bit, but I have no idea if it is really reading or not.

Currently on OFW 4.5
    3k3y 2.07

So my questions is this, would it be better for me just to downgrade to CFW 3.55 ?

If so,

- do I then leave the 3k3y installed, or unplug it ?
    - do I then need to Dump keys ? and need keys to play games ?

Bottom line, I guess I'm asking is it worth scrapping the 3k3y and going down the path of CFW 3.55, or do you suggest I try replacing the Laser and see what happens.

I'm just looking for the best option to get my daughter happy with me again :)

thanks

2. Kiaz

Kiaz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2014
    Norway
    Did you doublecheck the cable connections and made sure they are all good? If your BD worked before the install i would suggest to look into that properly first.

If you want to jailbreak your ps3 to cfw you will need to buy E3 flasher or better let someone else do the job for you.
    Make sure your model is downgradeable:
    http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

Ode is pretty good i have that on my Xbox360 and extremly happy with it so if you only gonna play games on it cfw isnt necessarily as you alrealdy bought 3k3y there.