I have $400 store credit for a game store, what consoles to buy?

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Dreamcast (va1) and/or the original Xbox (1.2-1.4) and/or a hackable ps3 slim (2100/2500) worth it?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already own a PS3 but I wouldent mind a 2501 slim, and is the dreamcast worth it? I dont see myself using it much
you need a few extra things to play online also quite a good homebrew community but as i said don't get a VA 2 model (there is a number on the sticker (circled) )on the consoles bottom) which displays either 0,1 or 2 if you care about homebrew get a 0 or 1 and maybe a 10 pack of CD-R's to start off you can even burn backups

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the issue is I don't want many games or consoles yet have a ton of money to do exactly that, and can only spend it on that.
I would wait, keep yours eyes peeled for trade ins on XSX or PS5. Christmas is here, people might trade in after to get money, don't use a console anymore. bought the wrong one, you'd be amazed.

Reactions: BigOnYa

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a few extra things to play online also quite a good homebrew community but as i said don't get a VA 2 model (there is a number on the sticker (circled) )on the consoles bottom) which displays either 0,1 or 2 if you care about homebrew get a 0 or 1 and maybe a 10 pack of CD-R's to start off you can even burn backups
You can run burned Disc on dreamcast
tell me a couple good games pls

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a ps3 superslim for $15 that just needs a new disk drive (sorta broke the ribbon cable when i was cleaning it, holy shit the dust though the $7 for a new cable is worth the cleaning, and the 2 torx screws went missing) when i went there today. No HD DVD drive or xbox 1.2-1.4 and no time to ask about a dreamcast.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're okay with what you have, you could buy games or consoles that has mid/high resale value (more than what you paid).

This is the problem with store credit. You either find something you want or you don't (except when it's Amazon, CostCo, Walmart, etc whom have plenty to choose from).

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a ps3 superslim for $15 that just needs a new disk drive (sorta broke the ribbon cable when i was cleaning it, holy shit the dust though the $7 for a new cable is worth the cleaning, and the 2 torx screws went missing) when i went there today. No HD DVD drive or xbox 1.2-1.4 and no time to ask about a dreamcast.
A Top Loader PS3 for $15? Can't beat that.

Xbox 360's HD DVD Player still has its uses today, like using it to watch a 2nd DVD disc without wanting to get up and swap. And, on PC you can use it to rip CDs/DVDs/HD DVDs.

Plus, it has two USB ports so that's always handy.

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Top Loader PS3 for $15? Can't beat that.

Xbox 360's HD DVD Player still has its uses today, like using it to watch a 2nd DVD disc without wanting to get up and swap. And, on PC you can use it to rip CDs/DVDs/HD DVDs.

Plus, it has two USB ports so that's always handy.
I broke the disk drive ribbon cable, it somehow got punctured, but i mean for $15 it works just fine, just needed a little cleaning and my thermal paste came in yesterday so i slapped some on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?