Hacking i have 111 unexplaned blocks

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok to start ill say what i have and have done then if anyone can help please do so ive been haveing this prob for months now so here we go.

i have a 4.1 u launch wii
bootmii as boot 2
preloader 30
hbc is up to date
had coiscorps but removied it all (no probs eather way i just use my usb more)

ok thats what i have and done

now the problem whenever i go to install a wad i get a massage that states that i have run low on system memery so it makes me make room in my saves or channels but i have 111 blocks free
now i have tried every verson of atd and atd mod none will let me do a thing they just cant find my title list and then a restart i hav had this problem for far to long i really need help
im not a noob but boy do i feel like one here so PLEASE try to help me ill try anything at this point thanks for your time

and if you need to know more please ask ill do me best to explane
moogle.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really bootmii hmmm i do have some bad blocks but i m pritty sure its not 111 of them and i was at one point able to use atd but now i cant i was able to use it after i used bootmii before so im not sure if thats it but thanks any ideas on a fix here

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Just to clarify, AFTER you have installed the WAD the Wii is saying you have 111 blocks and you still have to delete some? How many blocks do the WAD/WADs you are trying to install take up? If you only have 111 blocks free before the installtion, can you delete some things to make room? Have you tried the databse version of ATD?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter_DB

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what it comes down to is it says i have no free space but i have 111 on the bottom of the screen sometimes if i save a game like GH5 ill run out of space im so lost and im starting to see this prob more and more here and other places. it seems to me that 4.x is the prob well we ever be able to use atd or mod to get this space back its driveing me nuts AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The ATD issue sounds similar to what was a software bug with ATD. After a certain number of titles, like 300 or so, ATD just stopped working. They called it the "pirate bug". The title count includes installable content as well as tickets left by every disc-based game ever played on the wii. Thought that newer ATDs had the bug fixed...

As for why the wii wants you to free space with 111 blocks free is beyond me. Formatting the wii might help, since it will toss all those tickets. Make a backup with bootmii before you do that though. At the very least, it has a chance at fixing ATD.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
formatting will just erase all the system settings and channels it wont delete IOS etc it will delete bootmi though i think cos it wipes everything off the nand.

Pat1487

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar situation

I updated my shop channel so i could use it to see what was new

When i updated the internet channel from the shop channel it said i had 34 blocks free
I couldnt beleive by system memory fell so low
The internet channel said it was going to take 0 blocks for the update so i let it go through

After the update i had 67 free blocks, it went up for some reason
So I updated the nintendo channel, it also said the update would take 0 blocks

After that update i have 86 free blocks
Everything I can dl from the shop channel says it will take 0 blocks

When I go to the data management the wii says it has 198 free blocks

I cant figure out why

Oh, BootMii says im using 80% of the nand
And i have 2 bad blocks (block 215 and 3235)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudes i keep about 1000-1300 blocks free...what the hell do you have on the system? there is something called SD channel for your wiiware/vc needs. i've been close to that as i do a lot of testing, but i always go back and empty my memory. its a pain but to avoid these issues you gotta keep it clean. uninstall some channels or transfer to sd, same thing with saves, copy all the saves you don't use that often to your sd card. if you need more space get a bigger sd card

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all my vc/wiiwere is on my sd thats why i cant seem to fig this thing out could it be my miis??????
i only have a few channels on my wii the reast are fowards so im really lost here

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every forwarder, channel, and VC/Wiiware as an installed title, regardless of where you stored it (SD or internally). How many total titles are there including all VC/WW and forwarders on SD menu?

If you format, you'd find that the titles on the SD won't work anymore. The titles on the internal memory will simply cease to exist. All of them would need the wads reinstalled (or be redownloaded if not pirated/homebrewed).

My wii yells its full with 9 blocks free. That seems reasonable. But 111 blocks? I can cram several genesis titles in there! (Sonic 2 is like 20-something blocks...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol