Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pat1487 said:
I have a similar situation

I updated my shop channel so i could use it to see what was new

When i updated the internet channel from the shop channel it said i had 34 blocks free
I couldnt beleive by system memory fell so low
The internet channel said it was going to take 0 blocks for the update so i let it go through

After the update i had 67 free blocks, it went up for some reason
So I updated the nintendo channel, it also said the update would take 0 blocks

After that update i have 86 free blocks
Everything I can dl from the shop channel says it will take 0 blocks

When I go to the data management the wii says it has 198 free blocks

I cant figure out why
That's because the updated Nintendo Channel and updated Internet Channel take less space than the old versions (better compression maybe).

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm so if im right a format will clear up my wii and ill just have to reinstall my vc/ww but other then that it should at least get me a bit more stable???? hmmmmmm

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, it is not recommended to format a Wii with Homebrew installed. And I doubt that formatting will give you a more stable Wii.

This will probably solve your "free blocks problem" but no guarantee.

I checked my Wii, I dont have this problem.

I installed many VC games and stuff and was playing around to get it as full as possible. It reported that the memory is full when there were exact 0 blocks free...

But honestly when your Wii is pretty overloaded with VC and stuff I´d suggest to try Triiforce.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this happens to me too. I was just assuming wads take up more space than Normal channels do.
Like the wii has a max of 512-528 megabytes in it's memory. So I was thinking wads take up more room because some are freaking 46.38 megabytes @_@

BTW It goes clear down to 0 memory left when you install a channel LEGIT from nintendo and no wads.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Your best bet is to look how many game saves you have since your a USB loader and then delete all the ones that you no longer play, i had over 300 saves, upon removal i got 1200+ blocks back =)

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A format does not harm the wii at all unless you have a theme or preloader installed.

I recommend installing a clean system menu .wad first then doing a format. The format will wipe your system settings configuration and your game saves and channels. I recommend backing up your saves first.

Make sure to make a Bootmii nand dump just in case.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mattjd said:
A format does not harm the wii at all unless you have a theme or preloader installed.

I recommend installing a clean system menu .wad first then doing a format. The format will wipe your system settings configuration and your game saves and channels. I recommend backing up your saves first.

Make sure to make a Bootmii nand dump just in case.
bootmii nand dump will be no good as the console keys are changed when you format making all your old nand backups useless unless you betwin them and change the keys

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so then what im seeing is that erase all my saves that i dont use anymore and avoid a format cause i have preloader and bootmii

i just want to fix this + id love to get atd or atd mod working ill try to get rid of my old save files fingers crossed

riddle43

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i seemed to have salved it it must have been a bad save cause now atd works again so im not to sure but im happy its all good now so thanks to all of you for your help and i may ask again for it so thanks
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif