i hate my ds-x

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by KunioKing, Aug 11, 2007.

1. KunioKing
    OP

KunioKing Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2006
    United States
    I am at my wit's end with this DS-X. 75% of the timei put it in my ds, the ds finds the DS-X but the icon for the game is blank and when i click on it i get TWO WHITE SCREENS! i just downgraded with Shuny's tool and it worked a few times last night, but guess what happened this morning? WON"T PLAY! got any last suggestions before i give up on this piece of shit? [​IMG]

2. flai

flai Androgynous Apparently :)

Sep 30, 2006
    I can understand why you hate the DS-X, its a device with so much potential but just with horrible developers. I would recommend an R4, Cyclo-DS Evo or a G6 Real. I don't know how to fix this but I would recommend another flashcart.

3. KunioKing
    OP

KunioKing Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2006
    United States
    my boy's got an r4, which works everytime, and i have been looking at the cycloDS. i wish someone wanted to buy this thing. can't sell it on ebay and nobody wants it on craigslist. SUCKS!

4. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    It might be a contact problem. you could try wedging something between the card and the DS or cleaning the contacts. at your own risk

I'm kinda interested in getting a DS-X for the leds, even thoughits mostly crap. Only if it was going real cheap though.

5. KunioKing
    OP

KunioKing Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2006
    United States
    OSW, just sent you an email

6. frawdee

frawdee Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2006
    Norway
  7. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Here's my last suggestion:

Give up on this piece of shit. Take a hammer to it and never let it bother you again.

Get an R4, M3, or G6.

Problem solved.

8. hp sauce

hp sauce Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2007
    Were you getting two white screens after updating to the revised 1.1.2? That seemed to solve 90% of the problems i was having. There are still a number of newer "apps" that won't work without the arm7 switch.

9. KunioKing
    OP

KunioKing Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2006
    United States
    NONE of the firmwares have been stable.

10. sunray

sunray Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2006
    Your card is definitely malfunctioned. My DS-X has worked flawlessly with all firmwares.

11. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    DS-X's own firmware bricks units, so I don't know why they're complaining at Shuny... Give some evidence that shows that it's the best flashcart. Go on.

- Sam

12. Virusak

Virusak GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2007
    ds-x team said there is no way to brick your ds (brick= get to an unrecoverable state) and how do you know next fw is going to make ds-x the best card? It's going to be only a bugfix so there should be no new features or anything....

13. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    FLASHING LEDS!!! [​IMG]

replied to you mate.

14. flai

flai Androgynous Apparently :)

Sep 30, 2006
    Actually, its not. It was a long time ago, but its not anymore. Everyone here will agree with me, it used to be a fantastic card, but the DS-X team don't give a shit about their customers and have let it go to waste.

15. ianz

ianz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2005
    I will give all the money I have in my paypal acount for your ds-x!!
    hows that huh?

I got like... 2,42euro or something so your ganne be rich!

16. KunioKing
    OP

KunioKing Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2006
    United States
    ????

anyway, i'm gonna start using it as a door stop. will sell cheap if anyone wants it. [​IMG]

17. PuyoDead

PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

May 5, 2003
    United States
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yea, I have 2 that are just collecting dust. These things are like the plague.

18. luken27

luken27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    I will buy you r ds-x how much are you selling it for

19. KunioKing
    OP

KunioKing Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2006
    United States
    55 or best offer

20. luken27

luken27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    $55 is that with shipping and if you could lower it to like 46$ that would be nice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice