I hate everybody...I'm surrounded my morons...I

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by HugeCock, Nov 8, 2006.

Nov 8, 2006
  1. HugeCock
    OP

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    You know....where do I begin? Well I have 4 minutes before sales opens so I have plenty of time to rant. Why can't I ever go and do something without having problems? I order a phone with X amount of minutes and free long distance, I then say I need Y more minutes, please upgrade me...then I get a $300 phone bill cause they cancelled my free long distance...WTF so I call them and they say pay me the $300 and we will credit your account....this goes on for 6 MONTHS and now I owe that company $400...I have the money but refuse to pay on principal and now my credit is messed cause some retard can't do their job. Everywhere I go it seems people can't do the SIMPLEST of jobs. I'd like 2 regular bacon cheesburgers and my ex would like 2 bacon cheeseburgers PLAIN.....I drive away and get 4 plain freaking bacon cheesburgers. I add 3 domains to my hosting company and today I get hit with a 388 dollar overage fee which....is BS cause I have 500Gigs and they set one account to....are ya ready? 5 gigs. LOL now they want to charge me....then credit me. What is wrong with the world where I just can't just order what I want and get it without a damn hassle? Oh boy its time to call the company
    /rant off

2. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    I hear ya brother. I guess it's all over the world. I thought it was just in the US but I guess not. It's the rapid decline of Western civilization I guess. More consumers need to get pissed & complain to the companies about it. Maybe they will get off their asses & do something about the crappy customer service we deal with.

BTW, what happened to your awesome sig?

3. Resident0

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    it's like that here in the UK especially Burger King they always hire staff that can't speak english and if you say anything other than "whopper and fries" they just stare at you and then go and get you a whopper and fries anyway!

4. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    That is GREAT! LOL!

5. tetsuya

Member tetsuya GBAtemp Regular

My credit is also mess up by some moron who cant do their job. Landed in the hospital for pneumonia. Since I had no insurance the bill was over 3000$. I was like wtf: , they made me waited 2 hours and they gave me only 1 antibiotic injection. I was set on a monthly payment schedule for 250$. I receive the first one and pay for it. The second never receive so I call them and request the second bill. Then the next thing I know, a letter from the collection agency came. [​IMG] [​IMG] They stated that the hospital made 3 attempts in letters and I never responded. 3 I never receive any of those attempts! I had to paid that off. 4 months later another letter came stating from the the hospital that I still owe them 500$. Bastards!!! Trying to rip me off again. This time stating that I still have unpaid payments left and with another letter saying I receive special care from a certain doctor. I had to dispute the payment letter since I had a receipt form the collection agency that states that I have paid in full. The only doctor that I had any contact during the visit was when I was set free. All he said was "Hello Mr Iono, how you feeling?" well, I feel like shit why? "Well according to our chart you're well enough to be discharge." Thats it... that was the special care!?

6. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I help out at my dad's chinese takeaway on weekends and oon some occasions I have to serve the customers. Some are nice, some are the drunks while the awkward ones are the ones that say:

"I found a hair in your meal"
    "Okay, I'm sorry to hear that"
    "Yeah, I got it here"

And pulls out this jiffy bag (I like that word) with this small single strand on it as if he was from C.S.I. and you don't need an expert to realise that it's a blonde hair strand that came from a long haired women/man and no-one in the kitchen has blonde hair.

Cue ranting and shouting, "FUCKING FILTHY, I'LL REPORT THIS TO ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH". This was last year and we're still open. I think we banned that customer now. Oh and I once saw a drunk guy fall over and crush all his meal he was carrying.

7. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I'm reminded of a Dr Katz episode, where someone says something like

"I went to Burger King in Montreal. The employees there have to be bilingual. Can you image that? Have you been to Burger King in this country? They're not even lingual! "I want a ham-burger. Ham. Burger. No, don't want the pie. Yes, I see the pie, don't want it. I want a hamburger. Look I'll draw a picture. Ham. Burger. Want a hamburger - To go. I'm gonna go with my hamburger. Look, I'll draw little feet on it"

8. FranckKnight

Member FranckKnight GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I live in Montreal, and its not THAT bad, but there are idiots everywhere.

I live in an area of the island that is very diversified on origins and languages. In my building I think I'm the only one that is french speaking.

So anyway, at the McDonalds, no matter if I got the french or english clerk, when they ask 'to eat here or to go', they haven't gotten it right 4 times in a row. Even the manager got it wrong in that sequence. "To go please". They set it all up on a tray, no bag or anything, nearly dumping half my fries on the tray in the process "I said to go." Which they then proceed to try to put into the bag, sacrificing half the fries they wouldn't dare touch with their bare hands, just in case I'm that kind of person. Instead of serving a new fries or something.

McD's isn't renowned for having employees with exemplary records, but come on... Its not that hard is it.

9. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Classic!!

If anyone has worked with the public, dont forget, they can be just as dense too. Where do I even start? Well, lets just say I used to work for a company that took incoming calls for infomercials and my shift was late night till early morning...when all the 3rd shifters get off work, go home, and have a few drinks with the tv on and the phone next to them. [​IMG] I'm glad I'm off the phones now!

10. FranckKnight

Member FranckKnight GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    God, don't remind me.

I worked at a conveniance store, and had all kinds.

I got two armed robberies (a knife, not too worried). I think the funniest part was the form the police have you fill up afterwards. "Check beside the drawing of the weapon that looks most like the weapon held against you" And then you see a knife (combat knife, geez, mine was a kitchen knife), a pistol (okay), a machine gun (... uhm), a bazooka ( [​IMG] ), a flame thrower ( [​IMG] ). At that point, I thought maybe I was lucky it was just a knife.

I had a lady that still had a foot in the door and ask me 'where's the milk' ... I was like "how about looking for the fridges before asking".

I had a old guy that tried to 'camp' near the coffee machine, drinking and eating without paying.

People try to steal beer after selling hours. I practically pulled someone out of his car when he tried to get away with a case, he was surprised when he ended up sitting on the cement suddenly. I'm not big nor strong, but rub me the wrong way...

Or that old lady that asked 3 days in a row and got the same answer everytime, trying to buy a newspaper at 3am when we don't receive them beofre 5am. You know, I would have remembered after the first time.

11. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    I stop going into - Burger King, mcdonald, kfc -

after watched this
    [​IMG]

and even seen this
    [​IMG]

and this Mad-COW
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

also SARS
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

----------------------
    SARS still out there!

you need one of these
    [​IMG]

12. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] hahahahaha. Chicken HEAD!!!

Tell me this. Do buffalos have wings? And where EXACTLY are the chickens "nuggets"? I dont like fast food, just give me the Salad with a SUPER SIZED diet coke....at least its diet. XD

13. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    what the different from Diet Coke and a Zero Coke [​IMG]
    they both have 0% fat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    They have a different percentage of sugar.

"0% fat! Only we substituted it with sugar. But still! No fat! At all!"

15. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I know....workers piss me off sometimes. I guess they don't care about there jobs or hate there jobs. Or their just plain lazy.

16. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I for one despise cheese on my hamburger. I love cheese, and I love hamburgers, but not together. I go out to eat, I tell them I want "A hamburger, NO cheese, the product that you give me will be without cheese" What do I get, a freaking cheeseburger.

One time at McDonalds I ordered a hamburger and the genius girl tells me "Oh, we don't have hamburgers" Um...okay, do you have cheeseburgers? "Yeah, we have cheeseburgers" So...umm...could I get a cheeseburger without the cheese? "Yeah" Okay...then I guess I'll have a cheeseburger without cheese...

17. HugeCock
    OP

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    Yea seems like every company I call from utility companies to online services are morons. Actually I got a local and cheap ass phone line (reasons its cheap is cause I get more telemarketing calls....yay...not) but anyway cheap company and everytime I call they help me with no problems. Try something like that with a big company and I get screwed jesus SBC said they could give me DSL. They lied and couldn't give me the service, I sent the box back and they said I never did, stating I owed em X amount of dollars. This went on for 9 months till someone was like "Oh we have it here, its been here for....9 months nobody put it in the system." WTF...As for my current problem this morning "We made a mistake, no worries your CC won't be charged, were upgrading your plan and giving you 3 more months of service." Anyway want to take bets on this statement getting screwed up?

18. Veho

Croatia
    The people behind the counter or on the helpline aren't paid enough to care.

Second, 90% of customers are morons. I am refering to this thread
    Third, there are a million rules (intended to "enhance the customer's experience") that contradict common sense, logic and each other. And the clerks have to follow them. Smiling. (I am refering to the thread again.)

Fourth, there is the shift manager breathing down their necks, on a power trip.

Fifth, an example provided by a friend of mine, who works at an ISP helpdesk:

"Sir, you can't go online because you don't have an account! Or a modem, for that matter!"

"But I installed Internet Explorer, why can't I go online...."

Put all that together, and by the end of their shift, you're lucky they don't bite you when you ask for anything out of the ordinairy, like a cheeseburger without cheese, or God forbid, Coke with no ice...

Then again, some are just morons [​IMG]

19. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden

Haha, funny story dude. That reminds me of one of my own experiences. I once went out with a vegetarian girl and she asked me if I could order a hamburger for her at Mc Donalds. Yeah sure, I replied, and then she added "...without the hamburger!" [​IMG] The girl behind the counter actually laughed when I placed the order: "I want a hamburger without a hamburger" [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh and they slapped a sticker on the hamburger paper saying "Special order" or something like that... [​IMG]

20. Veho

Croatia
    I believe the technical term is "hamburger patty", or just "patty" if you are a hard-boiled burger-professional [​IMG]
    But the term is often avoided because it sounds too much like "cow patty" [​IMG]