I hate demonoid, never even downloaded and...

shadowboy

:D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got kicked out! Basically I registered during open invites, then had to leave for a week with no internet. When I got back the activation thing was in my email but my account had been deleted!
T_T I HATE this. Soo bad. And now registrations are closed for like... ever?

Yeah, just had to rant a bit.
happy.gif

Anyone else had crap experiences with sites like this?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dumbass, it probably says, that if you don't activate your account will be deleted in a couple of days. Now I won't give you an invite.

shadowboy

:D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, 3 things.
1. The invite took like a day or so to get to my email. (Registered the 19th, email arrived the 21th according to my email timestamp.)
2. Where in my post did I say I wasn't aware of the time-policy demonoid has? I was bitching about the fact that it gives you such a short time, rather than the usual 1-2 weeks.
3. WTF am I supposed to do when I am away from the internet when the email arrives? I had to go to a weeklong camp where compys were forbidden, so yeah, what the hell am I supposed to do? I mean, if the email had been sent right away and gotten there I would have been fine, but it delayed.

Bah.

Lol. I was pissed off when I wrote this.
I'm calm now.
Sorry fischju & hiratai

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I uploaded Avater videos with ratios about 3.21 and the size of the original file was around 10 gigs, now my stats still show 324MB uploaded...
mad.gif

Anyone having similar probs?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kamui said:
I uploaded Avater videos with ratios about 3.21 and the size of the original file was around 10 gigs, now my stats still show 324MB uploaded...
mad.gif

Something like that but I think it was external, I have a crap ratio cause I don't use demonoid (or torrents) that much and I have a crap bandwidth limit on this ISP atm..

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kamui said:
mad.gif

Similar problem, but mine got stuck when i had a good (1.3ish) ratio, so not complaining.

(not that i 'hit and run' download because of that, i still seed to a good ratio
tongue.gif
)

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Meh, tough luck...Sorry about that, though I got an invite 14 days ago and it wont even accept my code
frown.gif
. So, no sign up for me I guess...

I see you post alot around here, and you always seem really nice.

Do you want an invite? (as long as you keep a good ratio :S)

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shadowboy said:
I got kicked out! Basically I registered during open invites, then had to leave for a week with no internet. When I got back the activation thing was in my email but my account had been deleted!
T_T I HATE this. Soo bad. And now registrations are closed for like... ever?

Yeah, just had to rant a bit.
happy.gif

Anyone else had crap experiences with sites like this?
I have an account there but Demonoid is so basic Mininova is even better
Probably the only reason people think it's better is because it's closed and don't know what it actually is

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Demonoid is broken as hell. I remember the first day uploading 20GB overnight and none of that was counted (yes by demonoid tracker and not external ones).
However, im not getting counted when downloading either, so I guess it balances it out
tongue.gif

But I rarely use it anyways, as other have mentioned. There are tons of better trackers out there.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the FAQ mentions those problems, I think it has to do with IP, if its dynamic or whatever. TBH I don't really know what I'm talking about lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed