i hate cydia

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by DarkShinigami, Jun 25, 2010.

1. DarkShinigami
    OP

DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Soul Society
    i recently jailbroke my ipod and cydia told me to updte and it froze after finishing. i had to kill my ipod before i could use it again so my resolution is not to update cydia. has this ever happened to any of you.

and can someone help me get dtunes on my ipod?

2. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    Cydia works well, it doesn't freeze you just leave it for a bit and it'll work [​IMG]

3. metamaster

metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2010
    Canada
    If you don't like cydia, get rock or icy, and as for dtunes, search it in cydia or whatever app you use.

4. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    Most likely this, maybe it was respringing, but yeah, these things can happen, it's the same with all of them really, Cydia crashed on me before and I had to re-jailbreak it as it messed up a few things.

5. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

did it have a spinning icon in the middle and then it froze cause if so it was probably just respringing

6. metamaster

metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2010
    Canada
    Its normal, I got the exact same problem, it took me around 5 minutes to boot, and I'm with the ipod touch w/ faster hardware. After that first long boot, it should start up as it did before