I hate boot screens!!! I know what company sold...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HugeCock, Jul 6, 2006.

1. HugeCock
    OP

Member HugeCock Oh My....

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Dude I am so sick of companies flashing me their logo everytime I boot their device. My G6 lite and passcard 3 both have boot screen everytime I play.....seriously why? it's not like I don't know who I bought the card from. Unless they think I had my stuff out to other people and they are gonna be like OMG what's this? Well I don't let people touch my shit so....I wish they come out with away to disable the logos on both the Passcard 3 and G6 Lite. I know its only 5 more seconds but seriously I play most of the time on the can, the john, the lou....did I spell that right....so I play a lot of short paced games. Anyone else hate boot screens as much as I do or am I alone?

2. Achilles

Member Achilles GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    You're totally not alone. I completely agree. I wish you could get rid of the notice.

3. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    Install FlashMe, throw your Passcard away.

4. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    or flash it and mail cards to me

5. akuma99

Member akuma99 GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I really hated that stupid health screen that comes up on the DS but once I fashed mine with the flashme it got rid of that. The boot screen for my Supercard SD does not bother me that much. I enjoy their product so I can look at their little logo for 1 or 2 seconds. What I really hate is on the PSP when you turn off the PSP (not just put it into sleep mode) when you turn it bach on it startes whatever game you have in the UMD drive. So I have to wait for it to load the game which as anyone who has a PSP knows takes awhile. I just wish I could disable that if anyone knows let me know.

6. HugeCock
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I've thought about flashing my lite as my other DSes are flashed but it seems stupid as the passcard 3 is the same size as a game. Even if I flashed I'd have to see the G6 logo. The EZ-Team offered a way to diable on the EZ-Flah II after awhile maybe G6 will do the same. The Passcard 3 though from what I hear only some have the logo....maybe G6/M3 caught on and figuered it was annoying.

As for the PSP, I agree with you there I often take out games when its off and have to wait for the PSP to try and load the game before going to the main menu or whatever.

Again I know the boot thing is only 5 seconds but when there are times like now where I boot and play for 2 minutes go back to whatever I am doing then play another few minutes it just gets agrivating.

7. akuma99

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Yea, I see your point with the way you play it 2mins here 5mins there whenever you have time those 5sec boot screens can add up. By the way I just looked and my Supercard SD has no boot screen (never noticed before). It just starts right up to there is a logo on the bottom screen but no real boot screen.

8. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    you guys know that g6 has no splash screeen (load screen) right? i have one lol

9. notchristopher

Member notchristopher GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    for the psp i heard that if you set the parental level to 1 it will ask you if you want to load the game. never tried it so i dunno if you have to put in a password everytime or w/e.

10. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

Featured Posts:
    United States
    ...yes... relevant...

11. akuma99

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Thank you very much for the info, I had my parental control set at 11 because I thought that was the highest setting and 1 was the lowest [​IMG]. Oh well if you keep the password at 0000 you can just press ok and you will not need to put in a password. This takes care of my biggest gripe with the psp, once again thank you very much [​IMG]

12. roar

Newcomer roar Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Complaining about boot screens on flash carts and pass me's? That's rich [​IMG] Here's a thought, go buy the original game... by by G6 and PassMe boot screens! Problem solved... that's like complaining about gba game dumps that release groups stuck an intro onto... go buy the game or quit complaining [​IMG]

13. HugeCock
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Since I often buy and dump Games myself for to eliminate carrying around a 5 original carts...it be nice to have a cart that didn't flash a logo. It's like if I burnt a CD and before the music came on it went
    "Sooony" or "Memoreeex"
    or if I back up a DVD and it flashes
    "Fuji"
    oh wait .....
    my CD player would first boot and say
    "Sony" then my burnt disc would say "Sony burnable media"
    of course the thing is I can fit way more music on a burnt CD, I can fit way more movies onto a DVD....and I can fit wayy more games on a flash cart. I see your point on pirates whining but like I said I dump my own games and for that reason I'd like to bypass the boot screens.

I hate intros which is why I started backing up my own games... so to each his own I guess. I'd rather drop 30 dollars on a game without some gay intro then have to watch a monkey jerk off for an hour. There is a lot of us out there otherwise groups like NoInto wouldn't exist.

14. akuma99

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I understand that if you are getting something for free you really have no reason to complain. I do the old try before you buy thing I just download the games and if I like them I will buy them. This has saved me from buying a game I thought was going to be good but ended up sucking more than once. I keep the roms of the games I buy on my card so I can use the trainers for a few of them, and also so I don't have to carry around all the game carts. I have my entire GBA and DS game library on one card very convenient that way.

15. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

Featured Posts:
    United States
    no one's ever complained about logos on the PSX, PS2, DC, XBox, 360, GBA... why now?

16. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Good to know that my setup don't have any logo showing at startup. [​IMG]

Flashme + EZ4 mini-SD

17. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    You don’t make any sense, your comparing apples & oranges. He’s complaining
    about a piece of hardware he bought not a free pirated piece of software. He paid
    good money for a piece of hardware & has every right to complain about it. How
    about if every time you start your car you have to watch a commercial about it.
    Then when you complain someone says, you don’t like it walk.

18. pelago

Member pelago Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Actually I know a lot of people who've complained about them. With Xbox games, you can often remove the game startup splash screens/movies by deleting certain files and there are websites dedicated to this.

I too hate splash screens and it is an important factor as to what device I buy. I'm definitely going to try and get the no-splash version of Passcard3 or SuperKey for this reason.

Let's keep this thread on-topic for splash screen haters and not turn it into a discussion about the morality of piracy.

19. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    pwned!! [​IMG]

edit: oh, and i hate boot screens too (but i like intros [​IMG] ) ...

20. roar

Newcomer roar Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    I don't think your analogy is right... if I bought an after market product for my car that allowed me to lower my gas mileage say by using bootleg gas, then, watching a commerical about their product would simply be a fact of life, if I want to run hardware OR software that is not supported by the original mfg of the hardware then I need to play by their rules and put up with their antics... complaing about in a public forum is the last place I'd go.